-
Posts
1,197 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by DallasQLD
-
I am right here boys.......if we Ford fans cant speak nicely to each othet then I will get very cranky. Heve your bitch session over at LS1. They are the enemy not Ford supporters. Keep up the insults and your positng priveledges are gone.............. BTW the lower the RPM peak torque is deleiverd the better the car goes. Its one of the reasons the T slaughters the LS1 between 80 - 160 KPH. 0-100 times don't always reflect te overall perfomance of the car. How much time to do you spend dragging against more general driving? For those of you who havent driven or owned a T its hard for you to generalise until you drive it. Do the board a favour and go drive it then comment. Dallas
-
These calendars are allways a favourite.......
-
Well thanks for reminding me mate!. I thought it looked interesting so I posted it. If you like I can take it off. l can take every other thread off not relating to Ford with it if you like as well. Sorry you didnt like it!
-
-
well done mate. Looks the goods...
-
Thread closed as its duplicated
-
If you search dor APS you will findyplenty of info. I am not sure if they have done a mark11 as yet. Contact them and see!
-
I think you will find they are a Korean budget brand. Not what I would put on a T.
-
I thought it might go better than reported. At least Wheels teast was readable. It doesnt go any better really thna the Charger. Havent we come a long way.....
-
Flush your internet explorer cache and reboot, then the configurator should come back up.
-
Ii agree. I am teaching my eldest at the moment how to drive. He has a about 30 hours under his belt. He isnt even close in my books. He struggles with consistency , concentration and over confidence occasionally. I took him out in th wet the other day on a deserted bit of road and showed him about longer braking distances. He was amazed. I hope to treach him a little bit more about roadcraft than ehat he would get from ABC driving school. He might just get past 21 then. I have been rallying for 20 years and there isnt much I have not driven on, in or around! Dallas
-
When she drove in in the stretch Porker the security guard was walkng along at the front. Did you notice why he had his left hand on the front guard? To stop the porker from toppling over backwards........
-
I knew you would like it.........mine was great. Drove a STi Type C lightweight the other day. Yee ha.............
-
How about a " Bond" system. to get your P licence pay a $1000. Get it back at the end of your P persiod with interest after no speeding or accident convictions. It works overseas.....make it worth more than a speeding fine...... It costs thousands to get a light plane licence. It should cost to get a licence as well. After all the T goes as fast a Cessna.... We let em loose on the road with rudimentry skill. We the elders are mad for doing this and we must change it to save them.
-
Having driven one a lot more actually..... more like 280KW
-
Yes it is! These kinds of threads end up in tears. CLOSED
-
Did you see the guard with his hand on the fornt right guard of the stretch Porsche as they pulled up?. It was to stop it toppling over as big momma was sittin up the back........ The result was insane. It was about as good as our off topic thread........
-
I Thougt kids couldnt drive after 4PM in NSW. Get rid of the kelly gang I say.....
-
Just so you all know when we had the big problems with brakes , I contacted Ford on behalf of the Forum. I spoke with the assistant of corporate PR and they agreed that they should take a look at our collective gripes and provide some assistance. After 3 weeks of me calling them and NO ONE AT FORD taking any furhter interest, I took no further interest in the issue. I believed at the time that Ford would come to the party and we could give them a Manufacturer account. They showed NO interest in this. I gave up and sold my car a week later. I am an active member of the M5 board and the head of BMW M division is an active member and I converse with him regulary. Many comments about the current car and the new e60 M5 have been fed back into the development team as they believe the true enthusiuast like us can really help improve the product. Its one reason why these times now exist on the new M5.. 100 to 200KMH BMW M5 E60 8.8 s 360 modena 11.4 s 360 stradale 11.1 s 996 turbo 10.4 s 996 GT3 (2003) 10.2 s 996 GT3 RS 9.3 s SL55 AMG 9.5 s 575M Maranello 9.3s Gallardo 9.0 s Murcielago 8.9 s 996 GT2 (462ps) 8.4 s I have had no issues at all with my M5. Its done 25k since I bought it and my service costs are $300 so far. It averages 11.1/100 as well. Whewn it when in for service I was AUTOMATICALLY given a loan car. For a $300 service With FPV cars easily being 75k on the road and HSV cars being close to 100k, they take themselves into luxo car territory really fast but DELIVER no service. My last BMW that I traded I lost nothing on and unlike my T I will do OK with the M5. All I am pointing out here is Ford could not only do much better but could take note of how other companies they own or part own like Mazda and Jag. My wifes Mazda 2 has been total pleasure for her, $160 cost for service for a whole year, picked up and returned to her and detailed........for $20k! Ford you must do much better if you want to sell punters 60-90k cars. Its too easy now and go and buy a SH 540i for 65k or any other presige car which will outh handle, outservice and outclass the Falcon. HSV should wake up to em selves as well. Its load of toss that prestige cars are three times the price. I know the Typhoon is 60k but my BMW was $110k. Do they go the same almost, do they stop the same no, do the handle the same no. For the cost of Typhoon or a GT , you can have three year old 540 with 210KW. Drive it down most roads and the Typhonn wont even see you...... Of my soapbox now. I really liked my T. BTW my M5 cost me $450 more per month than the T did. Not a lot when you consider what it is..... Dallas
-
For those of you who were not listening to the Laws program he fielded a number of calls, then took the issue up with 10. An hour later they changed their mind. Go figure It will be the first time Motorsport is on prime Time Saturday night and it now is up there with football and cricket. He might be a wa*ker Goldie but he thought no coverage was hopless and said so. We all talked about but we have no pull!
-
I have lost my faith in car mag tests. I really believe they (in Australia) are capable of testing them subjectively. I think you need to drive it and see. Dont rely on the publshed numbers. They will be crap and rigged.
-
Lowndes= Virgil /Thunderbirds
-
I believe that these isses are the "Ethos" of how Ford as Dealers operate. They have little regard or commitment to solving issues from Dealership to Corporate level. I have used a least 5 dealers in the past and only one in Canberra (who I knew form rallying connections provided any real help and then they gave me a new motor) I expect good service regardless of weather its a Falcon or a BMW. The fact that I dont own a T anymore is testimount to their poor service history with me. If they dealt with me properly I wouldnt have a BMW in the garage. Not happy Jan and I sympathise.... I traded mine, took a hit on it and moved on. I just dont understand their attitude. its so anti sales its not funny..... Still like Fords though, wish BMW would buy them out! They fixed the Roller and the Rangerover pretty quick! Dallas
-
John Lawss was the one who got this doen after call back outrage yesterday on the airwaves........
-
We may get it. Mitsy are looking for more of these types of cars. You would be surpirised what the Rally boys have access to ! Dallas
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.