Jump to content

Benji_vs

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    403
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Benji_vs

  1. You know the explosions in Japans nuclear power plants? Hydrogen.... Somehow I wouldn't
  2. Awesome write up! I did this a while ago and it makes a difference for sure.
  3. Its stupid, I guess that's what unrest in the Middle East does! Im just glad that my T only gets driven on the weekends
  4. Razor but it has to be a good one, mine has 4 or 5 blades or something stupid like that
  5. hmmm, I think truthfully if your asking these questions its probably not the project for you, its not very easy to A.cheaply B.reliably and C. Quickly, supercharge or turbocharge a naturally aspirated engine especially if the factory offers one complete in a car, and certainly not worth it just to be "different" But mate if your keen on it and committed then it would be awesome and something new but id suggest against it.
  6. Damn I just pay over 1000 for mine through AAMI
  7. Mine had this issue, it would like hit a brick wall at around 4000rpm, I changed my spark plugs and it fixed it, it could also be your coils as they have been know to deteriorate over time. Hope that helps
  8. Hell! Very lucky indeed
  9. No problem, If its vibrating when accelerating then id probably be looking at your tailshaft or the condition of your sparkplugs (should be 0.8mm gapped) and maybe your coil packs as they can degrade after time. Also might be a good idea to look at upgrading the transmission especially when you rev it 6k to change all the time Does the gear indicator flash on the dash when it vibrates or anytime after?
  10. Ill add my 2 cents on the subject, IMHO I think if you have come from a relatively low powered car to an FG XR6 Turbo, id wait a couple of months, like it has been said these cars are no slouches to begin with and will get you in trouble if you cant handle it or are unaware of its characteristics. Also a good idea is to make sure you can afford to pay for any problem which may arise form modding and that includes covering warranty. Like anything mechanical you push it too much and things can go bang. That being said though, a simple tune will transform these cars and if done properly will be safe everyday, just make sure you look after it. Good luck with it
  11. Bit more info? Vibrating when accelerating? Vibrating when cruising? Is the car tuned? How hard is a hard drive? Sorry man not quite sure what your trying to describe.
  12. Warranty? Have you got extended warranty or something. 5 year old car aren't usually covered. As for the oil lines, its the little oil filter which causes the problems, people either get it replaced with a braided aftermarket piece or you can have the filter removed, I had mine removed and as long as you change oil every 5000-7000ks with quality 100 percent synthetic you should not have a problem.
  13. Its not the fan kicking in? Probably not lol, howling? that's a new one Only thing I can think of is check for leaks and that your exhaust bolts are tight, I cant explain why it would do it when the car is at half way temp??
  14. Might be a good idea just to allow more fuel in as the stock ones are working at their peak with anything over about 250rwkw.
  15. Yep put me down!
  16. Good writeup, im still yet to put a gauge in mine and ive had it for 2 years
  17. Top effort finding one with low k's and at good price! Dont wanna scare you but get it custom tuned, the capa tunes out of the box can cause problems, worst case damaging your engine. Not worth it seeing as the car is still relatively fresh. Good luck with it and welcome!
  18. The amount of times I have looked down at my speedo at intersections is stupid, im surprised I have not rear ended anyone just to make sure im 5k's under the lime in case there is a camera. Surely that is more dangerous than fully concentrating on the road and the intersection as you pass through it
  19. Mate I wish I could but I have a Driver training and track day day at sandown that Saturday. You guys should have a blast.
  20. Damn I wish I could be going to this.
  21. Yeah a few of us got stuck behind a truck just after turning out of that servo. Lost the rest of you up front.
  22. Awesome cruise guys, I had a blast. Whens the next one?
  23. I had this exact same problem last month, turned out that it was my remote, I took the battery out and it did not happen and I changed the battery and it still happened!! I had to get a new remote. But yeah change your remote battery see how that goes, you may have to replace the remote.
  24. Hey I might be taking a passenger, ill PM you my number
  25. Mine has done 115,000k's and it seems fine on the original oil (I think), it all comes down to how you treat it and the how much power is running through it. I will agree with you in saying that it will probably be a good idea to get it serviced though. Like anything mechanical its bound to fail sometime.
×
×
  • Create New...