Jump to content

Benji_vs

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    403
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Benji_vs

  1. Been using Mobil and its been good. No problems. If I cant get Mobil ill use BP
  2. Do they specialise in the ZF? Its good to hear that they have looked after you.
  3. bump, Just read the nulon site for their synthetic transmission oil and it says its not recommended for the ZF. http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Full_Synthetic_Multi_Vehicle_Automatic_Transmission_Fluid/ Look under the product application link.
  4. Id be careful or get more advice, I have not heard of people using the nulon oil in their ZF autos. There is no rock solid answer unfortunately, everyone has their opinions
  5. 260rwkw is quite feasible in my opinion, not everyone needs 350rwkw+ lol, but yeah have had mine tuned for over a year and it runs well. It might be a good idea to get injectors as well just for better fuel delivery, and scope to upgrade.
  6. As much as any other engine if your willing to spend the cash. The standard FPV engine is pretty good up to 400rwkw in some cases, but id be spending money on upgrading all the internals if it was purely for drag racing. Are you putting the engine in a falcon or something smaller?
  7. Being fairly young myself, im so glad to hear that from a 19 year old, it annoys me no end to hear p platers come on here and say "I want a xr6 turbo and want 350rwkw" Eff off! learn to drive first! If every p plater had your attitude the roads would be a safer place. Good luck with it mate.
  8. Might go this time, hopefully the weather holds up.
  9. that's why its good to be friends with a bunch of computer nerds, none of them really care, hence why I still have my license :D
  10. Its litres per hour lol, 1.6l per minute is terrible But yeah after the car has warmed up mine sits around 1.6 or so. When I start it in the morning cold it will be around 4-6.
  11. Spark plugs and coils are usually the problem. Get them changed (plugs first) and see how it goes.
  12. Nulon 10w40 is good stuff
  13. ah ok thanks, just thought boost controllers dont work well with our cars due to the complexities of the ECU. Do many people run the eboost? Wouldn't mind having a way to control the boost from in cabin.
  14. From what I have been told the Ford ECU doesnt work like a normal import hence the e boost not being a good option. Is that true?
  15. your right qik1, it concerns me some times when newbie come on the site who say "ive just brought a XR6T and what do I need to do for 350rwkw!" Im certainly not against people asking for help as ive done it plenty of times myself and I still think im a noob but people need to get used to these cars. Start stock for awhile, and maybe a tune for a healthy 260-270rwkw and gain experience. Im running relatively low power but I think its a good mix of reliability, power and good road manners. Upgrades to power will come in the future but probably not before handling and brake upgrades.
  16. Could be an exhaust leak, does it go away after a period of time? I.e the exhaust is heated and expanded.
  17. A small amount of oil before the turbo (intake) is normal, I assume it comes from the breather which is connected to the intake from the engine. Seeping out of your intercooler piping would be a concern. Id get that checked out. Ford should replace the turbo under warranty if it is in fact the problem. Good luck with it.
  18. I went for the ZF because comfort is king But I kinda wish I had the T56 because I hear its a really good box with plenty of aftermarket support, because I think the Holden's use it as well. But yeah I tend to agree that if you want zippy handling and fun through corners the Falcons are too big and heavy. But all that can be fixed of course.
  19. I have that power level and the gear box handles it ok but im not really the one to thrash the car, although it has seen a track day once and it seem to do alright. Ive never had the oil replaced either.
  20. Yeah mate find a reputable tuner quickly as these cars dont mod like a regular import. Any changes done need a custom tune and those generic tunes arn't much chop and usually well avoided. Good luck with it it will be the best 700 bucks you have spent.
  21. I asked around a couple of places in the SE suburbs of Melbourne and they quote around $400-$500 Not sure if that included the pan and filter. Im yet to have it done.
  22. Id say so, if there is evidence of fuel leakage id get that sorted quick smart as you dont want your engine to go up in flames.
  23. Eye lids for your car? No thanks
  24. Yep here in the great land of oz you can be defected for anything but like alot of yo have said it comes down to attitude and common sense. The more you mod the more attention you create. Keep it stock looking and not to noisy and you should be fine I think. It also depends alot where you live unfortunately, if you live in an area where "hoons" are common you will have more chance of being harassed. Although the simple answer is anything which changes the factory power,performance or emissions is illegal, just be sensible and dont cause a scene and you should be fine.
  25. I for sure would love to know what goes on behind the scenes of the Stig. Id get the book, every Top Gear fan probably would.
×
×
  • Create New...