Jump to content

xa-mont

Member
  • Posts

    243
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xa-mont

  1. I noticed a small problem with the cover in the last couple of days, it absolutely pissed down the other day, and then soon after was really hot and inside the tray (under the tonneau) was REALLY REALLY HUMID, and even today there was still moisture on the tops of the sides, I could see this being an issue if it happened a lot (in the tropics maybe) for rust.
  2. got 12500 on the ute now... look at em fly!!
  3. I've gone a ... fair bit... faster than that and it holds up just fine.
  4. been trying some 98 lately, and I think ill stick with it, getting about 11.8-12.2 around town and on the way down from Canberra to Bairnsdale I got 9.4 !!!! im so stoked with this. What a great car.
  5. that looks fantastic, good job.
  6. got 9 sec flat (only 1/8 mile) with a LOT of wheelspin. I found it was better to go without traction control on and just go about 1/2-3/4 throttle for a lot of 1st gear and then floor it for 2nd. would love to have a go at a bit more of a well prepared track ad a 1/4 mile would be good.
  7. here is a pic that got into the local rag when I took the car to the drags. (this is a photo of the print so the angle and quality is a bit off)
  8. got my FG in OCT of 08 and already have 9500 on it
  9. xa-mont

    Done!

    mate im not looking for a get out of jail free card. Im want to know what it was in case I am in the EXACT SAME SITUATION (asuming he was infact inocent) so just jump off that high horse I.B
  10. wet pussy
  11. xa-mont

    Done!

    what was the offence XRPete (for future reference as to weather fighting is better than just paying)
  12. 2 letters got missed
  13. CRIKEY!
  14. mine has 7000 on it and ive had it on the dyno and at the drags, and not a drama at all.
  15. NERDS
  16. Ive had no probs with mine either. It can get rained on all day (and has been) with no cave in. The side rails are in 2 from the factory, I believe so you can fold it easily (I often have mine rolled up around the support rails behind the seats). As for the clips, well I haven't used them yet, but I looked the other day, and I have 2 on the left, back, and right. And as for the coming off at speed... mine hasn't come off... and I have had it at some HIGH private road speeds I think that has covered all the critisisms
  17. I am renting... kinda... in a defence housing house, so rent is like half what it would be and comes out pre-tax and I have a loan for my t... kinda... its a salary sacrificed novated lease, so the cost of the car + fuel and maintainance/rego/insurance and all that crap all comes out of my pay pre-tax. I live with my girlfriend of 4 years and we share all the costs, I pay for the car and rent and she pays for food and bills, it all works out *beep* dorey and we still have plenty of disposable income. Living where we do right now (canberra) it is extreamly difficualt for anyone not on 100+ to get a loan big enough to buy a house around here. When I get out of defence my whole situation will change, however I wont get out of defence until I can get a job which is financially viable (eg. complany that allows salary packaging, making 75+ blah blah blah)
  18. I got 238.9 rwkw standard with pretty rich afr's so should have a lot of potential for a tune. that probably wont happen untill next year though. 0-100, in my car (auto ute) I got a best of 5.4, but that's just on a normal road, with a LOT of wheelspin.
  19. I get RBT'd pretty regularly, because I work shift work that starts at 7 (am and pm) which seems to be a favoured time for the police around here to set up. the other day I drove through them rego/rbt things 6 times (in 3 different locations) only got pulled over the 1st time at the ist one, but all the cops were staring at me every time... maybe because I have vic rego.
  20. white trash
  21. mine was sitting at about 12.4 per 100 (that was from about 2800-3500(saturday)) but since saturday when I got it on the dyno (pulled 238.9) it has gone down to 12 (so I assume its got to be getting under 12 to pull the avg. down.) BTW my driving is probably about 20% hwy (not normally flat hwy mind you) 80% semi-city (around the ACT ... I wouldnt really call it city, nothing like melbourne or sydney city driving) and I quite often give it a poke... cause whats the point of having all that power if your not going to use it :D all on caltex vortex 95 fuel. cant wait to see how the econ will go after I get a tune. here is the dyno sheet to show the very average AFR's
  22. tune and injectors will probably come early in the new year I think. probably get an exhaust at the same time. have a couple of other things I want to do to it first.
  23. got mine dyno'd today at the dyno day at gentech. heres the resualts...
  24. had my 6T on the dyno today and it pulled 238.9 Rwkw, so im stoked about that, with the 22% theory that works out to about 290 fwkw. edit: 3500 km's on the clock and completely stock. running on caltex vortex (95)
  25. any updates ono this one? it was coming along so well and then no more updates?
×
×
  • Create New...