Jump to content

xa-mont

Member
  • Posts

    243
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xa-mont

  1. quite to the contrary mr Russ , in a Late model camira if you leave the lights on auto they are on ALL of the time that the car is on and turn off when you open the door after turing the car of (same as the radio does in the falcon)
  2. cheers mate. it reminded me of a kind of American cross country route 66 type jobby.
  3. what a terrible past you have. good thing you have seen some sence though.
  4. interesting point tab, didnt think about climate control. I looked into the telstra style lights on thingo, but it costs more than I care to spend. does anyone know of a way that I can wire it up so that when I have the lights switched to auto they will be on all the time (ie bypass the sun-load sensore only for the aplication of the lights?)
  5. hey everyone, I would like my lights to turn on earlier (I have changed the settings to earliest on latest off), and I was wondering, would some of that nightshade paint on the sensor make them turn on a little bit earlier? im also considering hard wiring the sensor so that they are on all the time like a comodore, as I do a lot of long distances in the country and put my lights on anyway.
  6. if im not busy (its a little bit too far away in the callender to say yay or nah definitivley) I would be happy to bring over either the XB of the FG, so long as you cover fuel costs and some food and drinks.
  7. not a big list for me. 1. XA fairmont coupe - this is the state it is currently in (I still own it) - 2. Baught my aunties EF Fairmont for a practical car - no pics cause it was nothing special 3. Sold the EF cause I got sick of practicality and baught the XB - XB Falcon 500 sedan, started as a 250/4spd, now a mild 351/5spd when I got it - and now - TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP FOR THIS ONE- 4. For a little bit more practicality again (with a dose of fun thrown in) - The FG XR6T Ute - no mods yet, about 25000kms on the clock.
  8. awesome stuff mate. no concert shirt for tool? (10000 days concert?)
  9. worked out the economy of my ute over its whole life so far (20k km's) and it came out to about 9.2l/100km... gotta be happy with that.
  10. no leaves around though... bushfires burnt them all
  11. that camaro/challenger ? is f*cking unreal... what a car.
  12. well, turns out that was all a big waste of time, due to a small (like 2 50c pieces) bit of paint that looks like it had some moisture/oil under it before painting at the front of the tray, the whole side of the tray is getting painted under waranty... WOOT!!!
  13. yeah I did it by hand, dont have a machine hanging around at home though I am thinking of getting an RO... any suggestions on what to buy (not too expensive as im no pro )
  14. LOL... I think you got it tab... why doesn't the FG keys have a panic button?
  15. lol, I share that dissorder... when im in my XB, not THAT fussed with the FG (I dont let people lean on it or anything, or touch it when its dirty... oh and I freak out when I get bird sh*t or anything on there ... mabe im just too lazy for the parking far away bit ) Thanks for the comments, it will be better when I get some more sandpaper and some more cutting compound, but yeah, its not AS bad :D And needless to say Vetty got a stern talking to about taking more care when driving and taking better care of the car, because it is nothing like her old VP that had a million dint and sh*t (which of course she had a big winge about, saying that its cause she didnt care about that car blah blah blah)
  16. Ill see how it holds up, should need a clear coat though as I wouldnt have sanded through the clear and the touch up bits dont matter that much. Also im gonna take the tub off and put a tray on some time shortly anywho. So im not too fussed
  17. Hey everyone, this is actually the first time I have touched up any major scratches and used a process to make it look reasonable, but I thought I would do a write up anyway... Here are the scratches.... they are a resualt of the sides of the garage closing in on the car when my girlfriend was driving... hmm... Firstly I cleaned the area with some wax and grease remover, then I masked off the tail lights and the rear bumper, to minimise areas I needed to polish after. Then I added a couple (3-4 on deaper scratchs) of coats of touch up paint, being EGO I was pretty sceptical of how this would turn out, but anything is better than huge scratches... after I had let it dry for a while I took too it with some 1000 grit paper wraped around an eraser (for a bit of rigidity, with a smidge of give) and wet sanded the area (using some water with a bit of detergent in it, making sure the area stayed well wet) 1000: Then I went on to some 2000 grit, sadly I couldnt get any 1500 or 3000 from supercheap today so this will do for now. If I had the others I would have used them too, in order. Then a smidge of cutting compound, a dash of polish (would have been nice to have an intermediat cuting compound as well) and here is the result. As you can see it isnt perfect, but as I said, beter than big scratches. Im happy enough with it for now, when I can get some intermediate papers and compounds ill do it again. If anyone has any questions, queeeries or suggesting, dont hold back.
  18. I just opened WMP and put it on random and these are the first 10 songs it came up with... 1. Metallica - Wherever I may roam 2. Shadows Fall - The Idiot Box 3. Tool - Stinkfist 4. The Butterfly Effect - Beautiful mine 5. Dry Kill Logic - Breaking the Broken 6. Mushroomhead - Our Own Way 7. Oasis - Wonderwall (my missus uses the computer too) 8. Slipknot - Before I Forget 9. Godsmack - Re-Align 10. Machine Head - A Farewell to Arms
  19. Im shocked... I just looked at this thread... and it is THE FIRST TIME I have seen other people on the internet (apart from me) saying they like machine head. They are IMO THE BEST BAND ... EVER... especially live, I have seen them everytime they have been in melb apart from the very first time. I have to say though I was really dissapointed with the slipknot/MH gig, mainly because I had seats cause I was too slow to get standing room, and it pissed me off seeing all the chumps standing around in the back of the standing area... not getting in it all... and someone winged about me standing up and moshing... its a f*cking heavy metal gig... its what you do... rant over.
  20. have you got a daily driver as well? cause if you do flog off the T. If you dont, flog off the T and buy a little reliable car to drive. You always hear about people being sad and regretfull about selling a nice old car they had. That is why I still have my XA coupe and my XB. Plus, its the better financial decision in the end. (classic car values will always go up and up)
  21. im glad all of your soft top woes are sorted, because I just didnt get how you could have so many problems when others were having none.
  22. fair enough, seems pretty good then from a practicality POV
  23. for some reason I think I want an iPod now... ?
  24. so what happens if you want to put something small in there, you have to walk to the front and drag it back to the rear because it has sprang all the way to the front?
×
×
  • Create New...