Jump to content

neo

Member
  • Posts

    376
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by neo

  1. if your car has stock tune and you get a hi flow cat it will get more flow and it will over boost and you will get boost cut. my stock cat blew out I replaced it with hi flow and had alot of issues with engine cut and limp home mode kick in. but tune fixed that up I also removed the centre muffler as well and when it gets hard on boost it scream's. but it will also drone and that's a pain.
  2. yes millers is right it was 3 rods. :(
  3. Mate Had same issue alarm goes off. changed batt issue fixed
  4. I had RACQ out and the guy jacked the car up and said the changer is broken and moved it by hand. so looks like that but I had to go to work so mate drove it home. siad that he could put it in N so ill have to get it looked at.
  5. parked my car 4 SP BA went in to get some food came out started the car. went from park to drive and car went into R when the shifter was in D and started moving backwards. the 4 speed shifter moves freely with no pressure it will still stop at the gate and still need to press the botton in to take it out of park but it moves so easy and its not changing. turned it off and on and now cant start the car as its in R. getting the car looked at now and towed. has anyone had this issue before. its like the connection under the selecter is broken. gearbox has been rebuilt and has 12,000 km on it. car has 160,000 km on it. and I do man shift through gears. has anyone else had this issue?
  6. this happend to mine. funny thing was is I took it to get a trans flush from trans guys in town. before he flushed it he told me to get a trans cooler because this happens and wanted me to pay him for a trans cooler did not have the extra cash at the time. 4 days later it happens I still to this day dont know if he did something to my trans to make it blow. looking at options I spoke to ford they said they never herd of it. I called alot of tans places they said its common and you do alot of taxi's I got a new rad and got flush. it was ok with flush in the end I got the trans rebuilt. the thing that upsets me is that with warranty there always cheap about it. if they did the job right the first time you would not be coming back. if people took pride in there work had the right parts and tools took time to check there work was correct then you should not have issues. that is why I do my own services that way I know its done right. I feel for you man hope you get it back soon
  7. I raced a mates BF Xr8 ute I had alot more top end I dont understand why though maybe it was his tune? I would of thought he would have more top end.
  8. thanks for the replys guys ill keep asking around and see what prices I get cheers.
  9. I have a Xcal2 box and I email a tune house and told them I want a custom tune and that I have a flash box and here is there answer Dyno time is $140hr, & a full edit can take between 6 & 8 hours Does this sound right I know these guys have done a few turbos so cant see why it would take 6 to 8 hours?
  10. what are you setting the car up for. Street, Drag, or dyno, or all of the above
  11. looks like its going to be an insane car.
  12. chat to millers he had this issue we did a ton of testing turned out to be fuel pump. yes his was off and on pull over turn it off and back on and it was fine.
  13. Tuners in Townsville. anyone recommend a tuner here I want to go to makay but atm this is not an option. anyone had any good experience with a tuner in Townsville? I have herd good things and alot of bad things of the tuners here. im after some positive replys about workman ship and service.
  14. cutting out when? all the time at idle? if its throttle body its easy if its the pedal then its a bit of work. I had TPS error and issue turned out to be my cat. my mates car also had tps and keeped cutting out turned out to be fuel pump it was on and off it was a real strange issue.
  15. yeah lol. well it stopped the car from over boosting now I have stop doing it.
  16. your reconstructed list looks great. springs are the weak point so good your doing that first.
  17. hey marc mite come down and have a run. qik1 how many rwkw you have now and what did you have before
  18. neo

    Windows 7

    im running it on mine and had no issues its faster and cleaner.
  19. id get a tune with stock gear then save for the rest. that's what my plan is I got springs and tune and I was happy now I want more.
  20. sounds like a plan. be good to see you pull a good time. last time I saw you down the drags you keeped losing traction. I want to see 10's
  21. How long a life does a turbo have Roughly. my engine has been rebuilt but my turbo has 156,000km on it u have check it it still moves with ease and does not have lot of play. im just interested to know around km life time a standard turbo has.
  22. nothing realy going on in ville. it would be good to set a cruise up if anyone is interested ?
  23. with the stock 4sp. do you guys think its safe to floor it at 60km with 10psi tune. as above it drops the a gear and goes like the clappers but is it safe for the box?. having a stock 4sp myself. if I go to the drags and have a run you can feel it shift at the top of the rev range quite strong. but when you drop it from 60km it feels like it puts alot more strain on the box. I have always tried to keep it off kick down as im warried it mite put to much strain on the box and dammage it?
×
×
  • Create New...