-
Posts
299 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Daniel
-
Has anyone heard if the xr8 muffler works well? Id consider trying them, if sold separately haha.. Surely there is mufflers made for aftermarket with a valve/s inside like the xr8 style mufflers?
-
Hi guys. In the quest of finding a quiet exhaust for a modded F6, I have fitted a BF GT twin system, which I must say flows very well for a stock setup; my tuner was shocked to agree as it was a bit of an experiment we decided turned out unexpectedly well. The setup was new when we fitted it, no probs there, but after about 5-10,000kms I have noticed a slight drone down low, it seems to be worst at around 1300rpm and only when the car is warm. I've had cars with exhausts in the past and long story short I wish to replace the stock rear mufflers (one each side) with something QUIET but say after 3000rpm a decent note/growl. What mufflers should I look at, any experience with custom setups? Anywhere in South East melbourne somebody can recommend for me to go?
-
Hi buddy, I don't live in Bentleigh however I do go there weekly and I get all my servicing and brakes/susp mods down there.. They look after all sorts of cars, you will see mostly holdens on their website but they arent bias in any way which is good; they are a good all rounder! I have been using a place now for 4 cars for say 4 years and have referred most of my friends and family to him with very good feedback. They dont do tuning etc, I think a 'tuner' is best for tuning, same as I woudlnt buy a sony home cinema system lol.. its all areas of speciality that you need to focus on. If your keen to talk/use him, I let him service my Typhoon even though he doesnt do lots of xr6t, he knows about them and what to do and look out for. I will also add my car is always spotless when I take it there and never a fingerprint, sscratch, chip, mark on the car when I get it back.. Im also pleased to see when they test drive her after any work, they dont thrash the living crap out of my cars, so many times ive had work done, and my car stinks of rubber or brakes or something that really puts me off lol. Details: High-Tek Brakes Ph: 03 9553 1160 Speak to Cam F11 / 59 - 65 Keys Road Moorabbin, VIC 3189 Let him know Daniel with the dark green Typhoon referred you, he has looked after everyone I have referred really really well. Cheers -
-
Ok, good start mate, thanks! Now are there any other speaker choices, I'm not a fan of alpine speakers, love their amps however. I know how much wiring and amps make a difference having done big setups before, and working in the audio field (home/pro) but for those who just want an easy fix, I feel there has to be an easier option like what you say. Anyone done this also?
-
Hi guys, I have a quick one for you here. I'm keen on improving the sound out of the Premium Sound in my BF F6, to give you an idea I only wish to change speakers, it must look stock and im not interested in boxes in the boot for subs! lol Its a tall order, I know, but I'm not looking for a HUGE change in sound as it is OK for a standard system. What are people advice/experience with what speakers fit in to the standard location and are 'plug n play' so to speak. I have spoken to installers and shops, all they seem to see is $ signs, they don't listen that I want it to look stock, I say it 5x over and I get weird looks or told its impossible.. Ive done the big install scene before, and I am truely over it! I would rather keep to quite a good brand btw, and for now lets say cost is no option. (I wish I could say that more often lol) Is it possible; am I in a dream land - what's your opinion??
-
Name: Daniel Age: 22 Occupation: Representative (bose) Car: '06 BF Typhoon Location: Melb
-
I have a sound that appears to be coming from near the passenger side tweeter when I turn, like a creak not a ratlle, ford looked at it twice n told me im nuts, then I cracked it and took them for one hell of a drive to proove it in which they admitted it was there and they have no clue how to fix it! *gasp for air* I still need to get it back for them to pull the whole tihng to bits and fix ( I fkn hope ) but stupidly enough I now hear another rattle that sounds like its infront of me when im driving over some dips n bumps in the road etc, VERY anoying! fix or sell :(
-
I use a yellow top optima Cannot recommend it highly enough! Never fails me, can leave everything open, stereo going all day, lights on etc - still cranks perfect. When it fully charged it cranks like its on speed lol, love it. Worth every cent as they last for ages and have great warranty!
-
Very interesting indeed. Seems about on track then for a 'decent build' assuming some bit better than others in a mass produced car then. Good to hear its all good.
-
I ran today, managed 245 even stock, auto, ~20,000kms stock, ran a 13.2 in complete stock trim at heathcote.. all the other cars on the dyno were as expected really, I thort it was normal figure, they didnt seem suprised at all? infact I remember him saying 'this is obviously stock' :s
-
I thort the fpv's didnt come with DSC at all, that's why Expensive Daewoo made such a fuss about it? I cant say ive felt it kick in, I have def felt traction control kick in - daily! I'm confused now, very..
-
They come with the fins which keep stuff off your side fairly well from what ive come accross (everything bar mud) and the big version I could only see as keeping your sideskirts cleaner and helping with stuff behind you for others as said above. I wouldnt be too concerned upness you go thru lots of mud, in which case I dont think the mudflaps will do much for your paint in extremes...
-
imagine a box of tissues the glue the flat piece of leather toone face of it the shape to fit the cutout. It doesnt surround the box or hold the box, its just a leather strip on the front face of the box. Then glue the badge to the middle bit of the leather and done.
-
It comes with a box of tissues.. all it is, is a box with the leather face and badge.. that's exactly as it came from him. looks great
-
got this pic for now, looks perfect from inside the car, of good quality and suits it well
-
I got the FPV one off eBay when I first got the F6 and it is great! I just seen they are still online, on eBay, at the same price. They come with the Kleenex box also, which I am still yet to open as I use it just for looks so that it doen't look like bits are missing. Have had nothing nut compliments and it looks stock.
-
Sorry to hear about the accident; sounds like a very odd thing to happen too! I live 2min from there and drive thru the intersection 4 times a day, I know it well and have seen some regular ba xr6s that drive a little silly in the area, has ben some close calls in my own and others cars around there. Before I got my typhoon I had someone go in the back of me in the same intersection, coming from the other side of princess hwy from fountian gate and braked on the otherside of the lights to allow others in and smack, small white excel come sliding into the back of me in the rain.. She claimed her brakes don't work which kind of pissed me off; I had to ask why the **** she was driving, in the rain, so closely, not paying attention if your 'brakes don't work' angering, then to make it worse it was similar to what is happening here, she stiffed on payment etc, so I made claim after she got het dad to abuse me (yer, me lol, I wasnt at fault) and racv took care of it all and I payed $0.00 good luck, and be careful, this area seems to be packed with tw@ts
-
For a clean get away, leave it in Performance Auto mode, stall it to around 2000 and let the brake go when your ready.. Stall rpm optional an varies with each diferent start etc. If wanting to fly off the line (excessive wheelspin can occour, so you need to factor that in and/or try n limit it to keep it fast..) go into manual mode, select 2nd gear, stall to 2000ish again; a second before you need to go, push shifter back to 1st gear and release brake as it goes to 1st - good shove forward but if you keep your boot in, you will spin to 2nd and half way thru 2nd to.. so limit throttle once off, then go for it. This method takes a few goes to get right; just the timing of changing it back to 1st and then going, as once it changes gear you cant hold it back like you can in 2nd as the revs fly up in 1st where the boost is strong. Any other methods guys?
-
Mine came in around 5weeks, inc xmas break too; the gift took around 4 weeks after I sent off the order form. I too chose the small bag on wheels - rollerbag if you will haha! I think it great, good size, good quality and the wheels look like chrome allowys and feel very smooth/solid compared to most out there
-
I too have had one installed soon after I got my F6 and use it all the time, LOVED it on my 1st car, always missed it on my 2nd car, LOVING it again on my 3rd car! From now on, there is no question for me if the car will have a sunroof.. I got mine installed at Prestige Sunroofs in Melbourne (who ford use) and have said to be the best, I was VERY impressed with the install and it is 100%! I'm not sure I'd be too happy parting with a tidy sum of 3k for one thou; I payed under $1900 from memory installed perfectly with warranty using the Hollandia 700, top of the range. Go the roof guys!
-
bastards, sorry for ya mate.. on a side note; what sort of stuff did they steal from your house? do you think they came for 'car and why not some contents while we're at it' or 'contents and hey a car'? I know nobody can say anything to make it betterl but it really makes me think about how ive stupidly left my keys on the kitchen bench next to a semi open window 1m from the typhoon! never again, f*rk
-
Out With The Oldish (xr6t) In With The New (sorry Dan)
Daniel replied to Tweety05's topic in FPV & Tickford
Looks very farmiliar - love it!! I stole the pic of the line up of the 3 cars; makes a hot desktop, v nice! Congrats and keep her clean, dejavu is damn hot! -
Most would put it in Neutral before dragging her away; it only takes a few seconds to get in (not exaggerating here <5sec) for someone that knows how they can do it fast/quietly, others will not care n just smash the window etc. Know of a few peoples cars that have been loaded up onto a flatbed; all had smashed windows; id hate to come out where my car was n find bit of glass and no car! Sorry to hear your T is gone, maybe this is a blessing in disguise? (time for an upgrade)
-
Looks awesome mate, congrats is in order - love the colour choice too. I must say the new BFmkII design standard rims look 'bigger' than the BA/BFmkI rims did; might even add optional dark agent 19" rims that I've got.. I like em! Any interior shots?
-
I would think it'd be much easier to sell a 'phoon than a "T" also; I was looking for 2nd hand cars at 1st and there were/are heaps of T's to choose from already, its mind boggling when u try and put a list together of the ones you want to go see haha - then compare to the typhoons. I found one worth seeing(meaning correct auto trans/yr), it came up in my carsales alert so I knew about it asap and it was sold before I got to even call the guy after I emailed him about location!! Also then you have the idea of selling a modified car (the xr6t) 'vs' selling a stock car (the F6) I will also remind you that its not hidden fact that given a few years a A6 typhoon will be a hot car for the '2nd hand' buyers to scramble for.. everything you read/hear/see lists them as the ultimate ford (from factory of course) I dont see a competition
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.