-
Posts
872 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by KrasH
-
I watched the race and I must say that webber did a great job at keeping Alonso behind him.
-
yep, schumi did it again. Thanks to a few blistering laps after kimi made his first stop. Schumi was breaking the lap record 1 lap after the other. Amazing stuff. Webber did well to get 8th too.
-
Hhmmm have to disagree, I too can't recall exactly what Brocky said, but it was certainly on par with Skaife... I mean, who wouldn't back up what their boss just said??? As for Richards, I think the point he was making was that if an athlete didn't realise they were taking a banned substance (not performance enhancing drug), it is similar, Shane Warne's Mum got blamed but he still had to pay the price. that's how I heard it... No, brock wasn't supporting the "ford" he was just less "anti marcus" than skaife and richards. Oh well.. What's done is done anyways..
-
I watched RPM today and they had the points issue as their cover story. Steven "wa*ker" richards compared the "wire that does nothing" to "athletes taking performance enhancing drugs". Not hard to guess what I shouted at the TV screen. Even Skaife was an idiot about it, saying that the penalty shoud've been more severe. But Brocky, even though he is a Expensive Daewoo Man seemed to have the most balanced comment of them all. Can't remember exactly what he said, but his tone was more diplomatic than the others.
-
If I remember correctly.. This is APS, according to Dr Z's great car stat spreadsheet. 1-100km/h's are Phase 1 - 5.4 sec Phase 2 - 5.2 sec Phase 3 - 4.8 sec 1-400m are.. Phase 1 - 13.6 sec phase 2 - 12.8 sec phase 3 - 11.6 sec
-
Read in yesterdays Canberra times that the Expensive Daewoo hirarchy are fuming.. Something about adhearing to rules or some crap like that... what a pack of sooks Now let Marcus show them by winning by way more than 192 points.
-
We all know who will really win though. Maybe McLaren are running a lighter fuel load and ferrari slightly heavier. You never know until the racing begins
-
Now, what is the price difference of the T and the XR8 Food for thought.
-
Great time Geea I only wish that this dragway in Canberra get's built sooner rather than later. Just imagine the times you could get in the middle of Canberra's dry winter The T loves the Canberra cold
-
I worked for a Builder who has a jag, in the racing whatever green colour. He bough it about 20-25 years ago and guess what. It is rarely driven. So rare that I think that it hasn't gone past 50km in total. Dunno the model but I did see it under the covers in his garage once. We actually did a job for him a few weeks ago on his farm and his jag was actually put outside under some covers. Guess which car replaced it in the Garage. His sons Porsche GT3 Lucky bugger actually got about $115,000 for his Porsche boxter as a trade in for the 3. Pretty good business selling water to people (he runs a very very busy cafe).
-
You're telling me that there are actually locals up there back on topic.. the BMW thing is pretty funny... It would apply to Expensive Daewoo Statesman drivers here in Canberra..
-
Well the car is back and there isn't as much damage as I thought there would be. As I said before the front right is demolished, the back right is dead. There was only a small bit of the right tyre near the car. The rims left scrape marks on the road for about 50 or so metres. Everything looks straight, but the real question is how are the drive shaft, diff etc.. The inside of the car is second hand that's for sure :( Oh well... the damage of the wheel..... :(
-
The car has been found. On a reletively busy road next to a construction site. Obviously someone who can't drive. Both front wheels are destroyed. Front right rim hasn't got a tyre on it. Some major damage cause by the shreaded tyres, on the front right quarter. We won't know how bad the axles/driveshafts etc are until we actually see it and get it looked at. Hopefully there is no wheel at the wrong angle. The car ignition lock is apparently in very bad shape (abviously). Tow truck should be arriving with it any time now. If the wheels are the only major damage It'll be damn lucky. Cause if they were able to take it to the bushes then who knows what would have happened. Luckily the car didn't have much fuel in it aswell at the time of the theft.
-
I'm hoping too. It may not be upto the T's caliber and it is a damn kidney basher, but it was the first car I ever bought. And to think my bro spent $90 on some penrite oil for it, which it fricken loved :(
-
Maybe a good excuse for a cruise "quicky"
-
What can I say. My Pulsar SSS got stolen last night. The XR6 Turbo is safe though. Called the police and they said they'd contact us if they ever find it. Very doubtful though. Looks like immobilisers are worth absolutely nothing at all. Oh well. Atleast I still have the T with me. Luckilly the Pulsar is in sured. I hope it'sa found in one peice though.. Bloody brillient car that after 140,000 hasn't given me any dramas (apart from the gearbox). Anyways. I'll describe it for the Canberra people to keep a subconsious eye out. 1998 Pulsar SSS Grey Anthrocite (basically gun metal grey) Lowered with Advanti mesh 16" mags, which all have lock nuts. Nice 5 CM straight scratch on the front left wheel arch Missing the plastic "fog light" placement from the bottom left Was broken into last year, so I wouldn't be suprised if the same mob were responsible. After which I got a Cobra car alarm and immobiliser (with shock and "visual" sensors basically Overkill) installed. Back then the criminal scum left a screw driver which I later gave to police, but no doubt it went straight into the rubbish bin. Rego is ***-***. Won't give the whole rego, but it's hard to miss. Seems to be the only car of it's kind in Canberra (I haven't seen one like it in 5 years). I hope the cars found cause I'm gonna miss it :( I hope the T is more "crim wa*ker" proof... EDIT: The car has been found...
-
Bittorrent is much better for P2P stuff ive tried bittorrent for that stuff (cause you know the file will be good) but on 56ghey, I tried downloading a 20mb file (small game) and it had 150+ seeds/downloads and I only downloaded 2.3mb over a 10 hour period Kazaa/lite etc with dialup for me were always crap. However, my downloads with bittorrent are always at 2-3k per second (this with a 28.8k connect with my dialup) Took about 25-26 hours for a 235MB file the other day. But dunno now, cause telstra seem to have transpositioned me in readiness for ADSL (hopefully) and I get 49.2k connects now (last few days). *crossed fingers* that I'll get ADSL....... *touch wood*
-
Bittorrent is much better for P2P stuff Anyways, the best policy is preventian and maintanence. Virus Software is a must. If you don't have it Firewall in hardware or software. Zone alarm is a pretty nifty firwakll program and some virus programs come with basic firewall protection. Whatever you do, if you run windblows XP etc don't bother trying the OS's firewall. So full of holes even with the windblows updates. Adaware is another program I use, running it atleast once a week. Spybot is another great program. Simple to use and reasonably effective. I did have problems with those fake windows messenger adds popping up, but I have been trying out StopZilla for the last week or so and it seems that it's doing it's job. But there is one thing I have noticed with windblows over the years though. You gotta defrag the hard drive on a regular basis. Sometimes it isn't just the spyware that slows the whole thing down.. Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Defragmenter. Can solve some issues. If all else fails use what I use on the web sometimes. My Amiga 4000 with Cyberstorm PPC. A 12 year old computer with none of this crap affecting it. Thankful it still works after all these years. I've also found my Linux box is quite emune to this stuff aswell
-
There is a reason the GT series doesnt have damage, and that is because the car companies would aggree to the licence if there street cars could be damaged. Its a different story with the cars that are race cars but sony wants to keep it consistent. GT4 will implement a penalty system though so you cant just drill walls or ram people off the road. And the xbox is better on spec, but the fanbase is with the ps2. That was the original reason for no damage when the first GT came out. Think this may be true to a certain extent, but I think other factors are also involved. Personally I don't think that having damage or no damage should decide if a game is good or not. I played prologue last night (finished all the 41 training sessions) and I must say that with the GT Driving Force Pro (900 degree wheel) the handling of the cars is remarkably realistic. Especially evident when I did the last tea break. You have to drive a course slowly, without hitting a cone. Was bloody awesome being able to turn the steering wheel like a real car In terms of "no damage" means boring is a fair point for some. But for me the previous GT games didn't have damage and I was still hooked on them, building up my garage with absolute monsters was never boring. I personally think that the improved game physics in GT4 will most certainly add a nother level of interest for myself and I can't bloody wait On the subject of "PS2 Vs XBOX" I own both consoles. Sure the graphics on the XBOX are a little more impressive (because the hardware supports features the PS2 just doesn't have) but Graphics alone don't make a game great. But you gotta love the good ol USB on the PS2 where you can plug in the good ol' racing wheel Adds more realism to racing games than the XBOXs "joy" pads..
-
Would be cool to have. Just like the R34 GTR's diagnostic screen with every stat in the book But I doubt that there is. Simple logic. They wouldn't bother since you have premo sound with the colour screen and the standard with the normal LCD screen. I think they actually hook up a simple computer. Dunno if it is a laptop or one of those "computer diagnostic" specialised unit thing's that can be mounted on the steering wheel. (sort of like the toyota unit I saw a few weeks ago on the 7:30 report on "non dealer servicing")
-
"Roadside assistant's" are just over rated auto electricians. I do recall some threads on "software problems" with some auto's. As you said, the dealer is the best bet.
-
I recall on a thread on here, about 9 months ago that someone said they got done for "excessive acceleration" or some crap like that.. In QLD I think. Oh well. Today I was doing a leasurly drive around Canberra. Took off at a set of lights quickly to about or just above the speed limit. No cars near me. Then this chick in a Expensive Daewoo Vectra flew past. I then took some roundabouts (for the Canberra people, the ones on past Duntroom on the way to the airport) Basically going around at the speed limit and this chick got way back then flew past me again. I dunno. They obviously think my car has a low top speed. Oh well, who cares really. Nothing beats the acceleration and the turning. Screw top speeds
-
420 RWKW with standard engine internals?
KrasH replied to IM2QIK's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Now I know why this forum seems to be going to the dogs... Same ol' mines bigger than yours crap. Oh well... -
Well, can you do 100 laps on one set of tyres in the other GT games? Like you I'd love the T in there, but I'll still be buying it if it's in or out. Can't wait to build yet another Skyline GTR monster
-
Traffic light encounters. Here in Canberra the traffic is generally non existant and there usually is the odd street drag to the speed limit. But the only problem I have found is that it seeems that the absolute bombs with P's are the ones that want a go. Thinking that because they have a loud exaust and a "tricked up" body kit the car will go faster.. Oh well.. BTW, the other night my brother was driving My Pulsar SSS (I still own it, he just pretends to own it, but adding an exhaust, headers, high flo air intake etc) and he said he had a traffic light dual with an NA XR6. He said that he beat the NA XR6 by a car length (and that was to a 100km/h speed limit). Oh well. The SSS certainly does have go past the ol' now non existant rev limiter Oh well.. That thing is still the biggest kidney basher on the planet though. Makes me glad I have the confort of the T Nothing like accellerating in total confort.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.