Jump to content

turboknapp

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    783
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by turboknapp

  1. So a little progression has been made, things have stalled lately with other priorities going on. Finished the intake conversion, there was a couple of little curve balls that Fraud had thrown my way namely this awesome engine oil cooler setup Talk about an awesome after thought, the issue is that the factory pipe that runs to the thermostat housing fouls on the new manifold. Off to Ford to see what factory option I could use before I go braided line etc. Factory FG manual piping, while it is a little different it just required me to cut and flare the end so that the pipe would not slip off. OCD kicked in and with the way the hose sat in the thermostat housing I wanted to have it clamped, thank you CAT P-Clamp sourced Manifold installed and all buttoned up, I will say one thing Sanjeet from the Ford Electrical Harness plant has brought dishonour on his family for this electrical master piece. My OCD is going to play havoc until I hide it completely or re-wire the engine bay. Speaking of dishonour Sanjeets brother Kuldeep needs to remember when you drill 4 holes to mount a throttle body you should also tap them Other than that, FG manifold conversion is complete
  2. Should add more to your collection Luke, look at it like a Super fund
  3. Stevo, Registered for the diff hats as well
  4. The 10" rim will cause some issues on the front end of the B series. So that's a no go for me
  5. Won't you have to sell some rims and second hand tyres first?
  6. So fixed links Cause I'm waiting on bits, I'm not super concerned now on getting it back together. Obviously sooner rather than later works, but Its cool not working f*ck it
  7. Could be a couple more haha, just waiting on bits etc. Hows yours going?
  8. Yeh not sure why the link has done that, might have to redo the link. Yeh its a set of cams, nothing crazy but should make for some fun
  9. Not a huge update, been to bloody busy with work and having plans made for me while I'm away by the wife al so the 35+ degree days in Perth. Not fancy enough to have air con in my shed (yet) One of the fun perks of running brembos is making sure your spare fits, I was failing in that department. So went out and picked up a cheap Gumtree spare. Came home with this http://I.imgur.com/pq8XezW.jpg[/img] And some how these http://I.imgur.com/T4tAZdP.jpg[/img] So it would seem, this build has gone from some simple intake and turbo improvements to a little more serious. Looking forward to seeing how this go in the car with the new turbo and exhaust setup. If I don't like them, I know a green F6 that would possibly like to try them out :-)
  10. Yeh Stevo, started one unfortunately I have been dragging my heels lately and with crappy work schedule haven't really gotten much done. What I have achieved is realised how much of Ford's factory installation etc is crap. But moving on, as stated not a huge amount done the car interior is only just starting to go back together now Wanted to make the interior a little nicer place to be, figured I have gone to all this effort to install stereo's etc might as well have some comfy chairs. So sourced a leather interior, also makes wiping up baby sick easier. This guy on the wkend decided to pop in and ask if I needed a hand :-) I am looking forward to the tuning bit, as this will be my first attempt I will be leaning on the expertise and advise from Wiggum and Toads. So reading between the lines, that means they work magic and I get beer and coffee. In all honesty it will be a good experience, most of my engine management and performance experience is based around diesels so looking forward to it. Once the car interior is back together and the intake manifold is installed, progression will come to a halt. Got something in the pipeline that should see me net a good power and response jump when on e85.
  11. Yeh I spoke to them last night, if its still there this wkend when I get home will be grabbing it.
  12. Unfortunately trying to save money and doing things on the cheap has gotten Phil into this situation
  13. Rich over-paid FIFO guy here, got better things to do. Like get my car running and do odd jobs to keep the missus happy, sorry my labour ain't free.
  14. If I didn't currently have my own car in pieces and prepping for a baby on the way, I would help you out. Do not do this, it will put you even further behind. FiftyOne's point bout tackling yourself is valid, its nuts and bolt which you can do in the driveway. Any one would be a fool to think that the pit inspectors don't know what stock looks like, let alone trying to hold one responsible for an engine light coming on when trying to deliberately circumvent the process.
  15. why not just change the whole lot back to factory, will be easier than trying to mix and match parts. As stated, dedicate your time to just doing it right and forget the wheeling and dealing look where it has gotten you!
  16. Color me blind, but what is he striving for. To try and do things on the cheap and nasty as to get past a Pit Inspection, which if he had listened to the advice from the start the whole saga would have been done and he would have a lot more money in his pocket? I'm all for people tinkering and working on their cars, its what build the passion for ownership but this saga of trying to get around an Emissions test etc is getting beyond a joke.
  17. Putting into perspective, with all the running around and purchasing of second hand tyres and general time wasting OP could have had a new set of tyres put on.
  18. Working on a car with only a jack under the front, keen is all I will say. So I'm picking up a common theme here, you want wider rims on the back???
  19. You could almost fit and F6 in there and another blue car
  20. Dropped in today to see Rob cause he had a harness for me. Was helpful, did seem a little stressed which would come with a full shop and work load. Ive got a good rapport with him, I use him for parts these days, happy for my money to go to a local lad.
  21. Running the car builders stuff also, fast delivery, good pricing and can't complain with the quality. Never dealt with rob personally, but he seems highly regarded. I use Justin and the guys at Audio Precision Myaree, again AL sponsor and will look after people
  22. Can get them for bout 110 +GST local
  23. 2 left hands isnt very helpful
  24. Defense rests, no rebuttel for the above
  25. Pretty sure he has his hands full haha Sure don't As you would know, my opinion is now redundant haha
×
×
  • Create New...