-
Posts
40 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by velluto
-
There is another way, other than fitting them, go to a decent suspension shop who will load up the springs for the corner weights of you vehicle. They will then tell you, as they told me that with superlows on the front, that the car will be sitting 15-20mm into the bump stop. This means it will ride like crap as the bump stops provide some amplitude but are not meant to be in play all the time. They advised me not to fit the SSLs and I went with the more conservative but still hardworking Herrods. I have a nice level look and can drive the car hard into corners without bottoming out. Hope this helps. Velluto
-
Name: Ross aka Velluto Car: BA MkII XR6 Turbo Trans: T56, Atomic clutch - 10 puck sintered ceramic/bronze Power: 333rwkw Boost: 13psi Induction: Nizpro Stage 2 kit Turbo: 10lb actuator, 36mm swing valve, ported Valve Springs: Nizpro Exhaust: X-Force 4" d/d, 3.5" cat into 2x2.5" pipes Fuel system: Nizpro injectors- supplied with Stage 2 kit, Walbro in-tank fuel pump Power adder: Custom tuned by Robin @ Torque Perf in Auckland, NZ
-
I have an Aggressor (www.aggressiveautopanels.com). One of only two in NZ - I know cos I imported them. It is the best thing I ever did to my car to personalise it. It attracts attention like you wouldnt believe. I have people literally falling out their windows to grab a look at it. Even the ricers I 'harrass' love it too, gives the car so much street credibility. I cannot recommend it highly enough. James Kingdom is the man to talk to. Prices have just gone up and I beleivge there is a waiting list. They are made by a boat builder, the quality is superb so IMHO worth the wait. Hope that helps. There is a picture of mine on my profile and plenty of photos on the website. Velluto
-
There are plkenty of other threads on this subject. I got a performance clutch from Brad at Atomic. Its a ten puck, sintered ceramic bronze, sprung hub with marcel. Seems to hold my 333rwkw pretty well. Not been on strip yet. Still have a slight shudder when I dont get the take-off just right. I know I can take off without a shudder so kick myself everytime I get it. I notice a huge difference in feel when I get back into a car with an organic clutch - the let out time is about three times longer. Pucks or buttons tend to be 'on' or 'off' and they do take a lot of getting used to. Hope this helps. Brad knows clutches very well so have a chat to him too. Velluto
-
try www.ozegauge.com.au
-
I think you should wait and get the parts you want. I have the 4" down/dump, 3.5" cat , twin 2.5" with the larger muffler and its awesome. Through this site I read that there was a droning problem with the 3" instead of the 2x2.5 and also a problem with the smaller muffler (I think this was reported in BCL's thread about the Nizpro kit fitted to his new F6). I also have the stage 2 Nizpro and 333rwkw with stock internals. The x-Force system has 'future proofed' my car and I know that once I do rods/pistons etc I can crank it up to 400+ without doing more changes to the top end or the exhaust. My car is factory quiet and no drone whatsoever, just what I wanted. Hope this helps. Ross (NZ)
-
check my post in an earlier thread for the same question
-
I have the 4" down/dump pipe connecting to the 3.5" hiflow cat and then twin 2.5s from there with the large mufflers (very important if you dont want the drone) on my sedan. Purchased the system from Autopassion in Christchurch NZ for around $1600. Although the dollars are different the point is it was considerably cheaper than anything else around and its a brilliant system. be prepared to upgrade your wastegate though as you will not be able to control the boost with this system fitted and the standard swing valve. I highly recommend it. Ross
-
My stock clutch lasted about half an hour and I only have 333rwkw. Got a replacement from Brad at Atomic Performance in NSW. Its a ten puck sintered ceramic bronze, sprung hub, with marcel. Only a single plate. Used the stock flywheel but had it machined. Pedal pressure only slightly increased. Has not slipped once. Some shudder on take off until I got used to it and now rarely get it. I would agree with you about slipping. You can also drop it and it just holds for a fast start. So far I am very happy with it. Around $1100 I think. Ross (NZ)
-
We have some great tuners here already. Robin from Torque Performance in Auckland is a very experienced fitter of Nizpro kits and Simon's rep over this way. He fitted my 'Stage 2 plus' kit and its going like a dream (333rwkw at 13psi). Eastern Automotive are also getting into Fords a bit more and have just done an Atomic bottom end, rods and pistons on a T with the rest of the intake, cooler etc ex CAPA. There may not be as many after market options here for Fords as the Jap scene is way ahead of Australia thanks to our relaxed import laws. Having said that the tuners here are very well connected to their Aussie counterparts and do a quality job, in my experience. Most of them have a greater customer base of Holdens than Fords and generally the Holdens would be on a par with anything from Aussie. There are some seriously powerful cars from 'the dark side' cruising the streets. I am pleased to see a NZ thread but the value of this forum for me is the technical expertise under each of the topics. I have found it very useful in planning the work I carried out on my car. Thanks Guys
-
News Flash!!!! These bonnets are also available in New Zealand. Check TradeMe or contact Ross at [email protected] or call (027)4979306. I have one fitted to my T and happy to show anyone in the Auckland/Waikato area. Ross
-
Hello Brian, Ross from NZ here. I am so pleased that, through this forum, I was alerted to the difference between the system with smaller mufflers and the system with larger ones. Working with the supplier here in NZ and specifying exactly the component part numbers we got the right one first time. Like you I was desperate to avoid the highway drone. I am really pleased with the system and as you may have read from my earlier posting the difference it has made to the power is phenomenal. We had to do more porting on the internal wastegate to get rid of the boost and I also wanted it to come in early. The final result was a reasonably flat boost curve with the minimum boost we can get down to of 13lb. At that level we are 333rwkw which I am very happy with as I still have standard internals. The whole package (Nizpro Stage 2, x-Force exhaust) is very, very exciting to drive. I am still getting use to the amazing induction sounds and the torque around 3500-4000 is just unbelievable. Fourth gear passing from 100 - 160 takes no time at all. I regard the car still a Work In Progress and have two things to do in the near term - better fuel delivery at top end to avoid leaning out and a new clutch. I thought it would be ok at around 300rwkw, my original aim, but at 333 its not going to last long. Still a trip to Brisbane might be nice! At least clutches are cheaper than auto trans and I have compleete confidence in the T56 to handle it. I feel the kit and the x-force have given me a future proofed system so that when I do internals I can wind it up to over 400rwkw with relative ease. Thanks again for all your help. Ross
-
I added to this thread back in February after Brian Lord's excellent topic on the F6. My car was fitted witha Nizpro Stage 2 last week, and the x-force turbo-back system with 4" dump/down pipe, 3.5" cat, twin 2.5" with the larger mufflers, as I dont want 'the drone'. Some porting was done to the wastegate and on the first dyno run the boost was completely uncontrollable. The installer was very surprised as this had never happened before and he has fitted many such kits. The difference was the x-force. I also priced the APS and it was, in NZ, more than twice the price I paid for the x-force. It was a no-brainer. While on the dyno, with the boost creeping up to 16-17lb the car hit 380rwkw, slightly concerning with standard internals. We have more parts coming from GCG to do the proper job on the port so hopefully we will get the sort of boost curve that BCL got on the F6 - beautiful, flat.....! This has been a real learning curve and hopefully will all be sorted by this time next week.
-
I have just done Konis, herrod springs and whiteline sway bars. I am also from NZ. Springs were around $600, struts were $270 each plus GST so that package on TradeMe worth at least $1200 new. They have a Buy Now of $550. I wouldnt pay anymore than that but gear only 8 months old appparenty. You should be aware that the springs are described as superlow which is incorrect as Herrod dont do Superlows (not from local agent in NZ anyway). They are the right height to avoid problems with the front bump stops. Hope that helps.
-
Solving Boost Spiking On The Gt3540
velluto replied to DennisRB30's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I realise this information is quite late. I was inspired by the thread that Headsex posted (thanks Mate).I purchased a boost control kit from GCG Turbchargers. It came with a new swing valve and 10lb actuator and connecting rod. I found that it was not useable as shipped (to NZ) as it really needs the new swing valve arm as well. Some people reuse the existing arm. Ideally you should end up with a D-shaped port, the flat edge closer to the arm. This stops the vaqlve getting trapped when it is trying to close again. So, hand porting required including some extra clearance on the inside of the housing to accomodate the larger housing. My original flapper was quite offset to the port so ordinary machining would not have been the answer. A 2mm overlap is sufficient. You will probably need a machine shop to grind the port to recreate the seat for the flapper to sit against after porting. Hope this is useful for someone. -
Hi All, newby from NZ (Hamilton actually - Home of the V8 Supercars frm 2008). Firstly, I just want to say thanks for the excellent article with pics of your F6 Brian. It was very useful. Secondly, I have an X-Force system with the larger mufflers on order, but it was a bit of a mission to get the part numbers etc sorted. Will report back when its here and fitted.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.