-
Posts
611 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by groper
-
wtf... running in? I just bought the sucker, drove it home from brisbane and edited it striaght up... after about 3000k`s, changed to full racing ester sythetic engine and gearbox oil and boosted it to 18psi... running in is old school, from when they couldnt manufacture to tight tolerances
-
he sounds nizpro style, so it will be a 044 pump... edit;- do option A except ditch the pump and go for the cat instead... so that's, injectors, springs, cat... a cooler would top it off, even if its just a $300 wogcooler... edit again; somone needs to make a big fat stick at the top "ALL you need to know about modififying the xr6t" in it, a list of mods with the power range at which point the car reaches a restriction and the mod to overcome it.... all the way up to 500+rwkw and then we wouldnt have so many people asking the same questions...
-
need to do some readin eh? this has been common knowledge (the bf2 bottom end) since somtime around mid 06 I thought? nispro discovered it if im not mistaken? only run 366rwkw daily at 15psi. only flash in the 396rwkw @ 18psi big tune on occations... do I drive it hard? I think so... seems to like sitting in 4th for extended periods HZw0qdONxgM
-
396rwkw on stock engine, bf mk2 bottom end though. all you need is; bottom end and valve springs since yours is of the earlier vintage. exhaust, go 4inch all the way, biggest cat you can find or none is even better. wastegate porting and 12psi actuator. best intercooler you can find, like plazmaman or PW or APS or nispro etc, with hiflowing airfilter and 3inch induction plumbing. I have plenum but I think its possible without... injectors, 60lb/h minimum. big fuel pump like bosch 044. and lastly a bad ass clutch to hold the torque. simple enough? comes to around $13k all up if you do the work yourself assuming you have none of the above already... should easily see you to well over 400rwkw coz you can crank up the boost to 20psi no worries on a built motor...
-
The Evolution Of My Dyno Graph....
groper replied to illusionzzz's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
give us a COMPLETE run down of ALL your mods right down to the very last detail, and perhaps we can find somthing your tuner has missed. you said the actuator was done, but how bout the wastegate porting, this may not have been done, or done enough, even though he said he done it... you need that boost printout. im willing to bet it he hasnt done your wastegate enough, boost is going crazy, and causing your misfire as the spark struggles. maybe time to bite the bullet and go see another tuner for a second opinion... -
perhaps somthing like a gt4088r aswell... just make sure its a ball bearing turbo and id try and keep to the water cooling type aswell. if you do some research on turbo theory you will find your best solution is pick a horsepower level that you want to achieve.... this almost solely dictates your choice in turbo and unfortunaely, you cant make a choice that will do everything or leave `headroom` for future mods or power increases unless your prepared to live with lots of lag and all or nothing power delivery. ie sh*t streetability... there is no magic wand here (apart from variable geometry turbos but you dont want to go there!!!) so first you need to pick a horsepower level that you want to achieve. may I suggest 450-480rwkw. I say this because anymore is pretty much unuseable on street tyres (you will wheel spin through 160km/h in 4th gear at this level) and any less can be achived on the factory turbo (wheel spin through first 3 gears). this way to can move up to only a slightly larger turbo and have very little lag, or better said, a relatively low `boost threshold` for great streetability...
-
the jerky idle after boosting sounds like valve springs... what model car is yours? traction control light flashing is doing its job stopping wheel spin... somtimes can be jerky and feels like somthing grabbing the back of the car and yanking backwards slowing you down briefly under accel... if your running high flow cat with a 10psi generic tune, I can almost gaurantee your geting alot more boost than 10psi. this can cause the spark to blow out if you havnt regapped your plugs yet... this feels like a very jerky intermittent engine miss under boost acceleration. risky runnnig generic tune on modded engine as said before, dont do it... edit:- and buy some bigger injectors before you get you custom tune or your wasting time and money!
-
got it into 4th and left it there mate... gees, that tyre screeching is ear splitting aint it!! heaps of rubber on that little pad...
-
heres another vid from the cairns burnout comp last night... enjoy HZw0qdONxgM
-
now that is definately the computer sh*t itself mate... yeah mines going sweet... must be the PW gear... no track work yet... my first son is overdue to be born so I doubt ill get a chance for quite a while once he finally decides to make his appearance... besides, I get to enjoy 396rwkw everyday driving to work, who needs a track?
-
your comparing a pimped out car to a stock car mate! put all the goodies on the new one and see how good it looks... the more I look at it the more I like the new one... we all know you can hose off most cars on the street with a tuned xr6t, carry a tool box and ladders and sh*t etc as I do... or the family etc... but there is a few cars we simply cant, this is one of them provided they get launched hard by a driver who knows how which is seldom the case... justin, if you reckon some tyres and race fuel will make a difference, give him a run... we`ll see about that... I have never felt g force, both accel and lateral, like in a good tuned GTR... for sheer performance theyre almost impossible to beat and these days they can be had quite cheap. like a 350awkw built motor, built everything, susp, brakes the whole show for under $30k... you could literally keep up with purpose built race cars around eastern creek let alone the street...
-
ah, its gotta be the plenum causing cyl 1-3 leaning out
-
its a skyline GTR... My brother has one with only 270awkw... he smokes me everytime and I cant catch up for at least 1/2 a km by which time any drag race is over... roll on`s are a completely different story... they better performance cars than ours unfortunately...
-
ok so what the hell were you seaching for when you found that???!!!
-
Car: BF Mk2 XR6 Turbo Trans: 6sp manual Power: 366rwkw @ 15psi on 98RON...and... 396rwkw @ 18psi on 103RON Boost: see above Induction: all process west, CAI w/ pod, PW stg2 cooler, PW 3inch piping and PW plenum Turbo: Ported wastegate, Stock flapper valve Valve Springs: Stock Exhaust: xforce 4" dump, 5"cat into twin 2"1/2, straight thru mufflers Fuel system: siemens dekas, bosch 044 and swirl pot Power adder: edit and blueboost tuned... should get approx 420rwkw on 110ron oxygenated race fuel... will find out very soon
-
2.0 60ft has been doable since the beginning... going below 2.0 has proven difficult with the torque limitations, however, up to date tuners have defeated these limitations, but from what ive read, very few are doing it yet...
-
get a decent tuner to mod your tune to get boost off the line... it now possible but there is plenty of goof ball tuners who have yet to catch up... 1.8 60ft has already been done in the ZF... UTFSE! C&V have done it Blueboost has done it... not sure about the others, but im sure there is more...
-
AH YOU FARK HEAD!!!
-
ah I see... I just drilled out the spot welds and removed the sheet metal panel... then replaced the panel after rustproofing treatment with gal tek screws... not sure if this would work doing an intank pump though... anyone know?
-
yep a bit of mucking around, but I reckon I can mix it up for around half the price of proper race fuel and I reckon it will work everybit as good... dave may be flying up here to do some tuning next month, ill see if I can do some tests then... and pip your kw`s too!
-
so you only remove the plastic tub liner, what about the sheet metal panel underneath? if so, how did you put it back togeather... I used some gal tek screws... thought maybe should have used rivets? mate of mine has to do this very soon...
-
maybe, but at least I can afford to run it more often... race fuel is damn expensive! im gonna mix up my own brews soon... bp98 + nitromethane + xylene/toluene... wish dave lived a little closer to tune it for me! I saw you in ford spare parts about a month ago, I walked in as you were leaving... my missus knows you from your former council days... we will have to properly meet one day!
-
nice... is that stuff like 115 ron or somthing? how much timing did it take at 5000rpm?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.