Jump to content

groper

Member
  • Posts

    611
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by groper

  1. I like your 2 posts mark, agree. however, my house was valued 6months ago @ $550k, in this valuation the property valuer commented that they belived the market was peaking at this time. 1month ago, my place was valued at $535k... Other people I know have similar stories. Im not saying housing prices will collapse totally, just a backward movement of around 10% is my estimation. I work in the construction industry, and new houses are not selling like they used to, so we are starting to build less of them already. I also believe that the historical realestate capitol growth averages around 8%??? we are paying more than that now in interest rates, so why would investors put money into a losing equation? I invest in realesate, and im sitting back watching the prices come down, waiting ready with my money for when the time is right. Id say a majority of investors are doing the same. less demand = lower prices until things balance out, same as the share market. People have got a bit too carried away with spending on housing and driven the prices up beyond what is reasonable, they will come back to equilibrium soon enough IMHO.
  2. ZAP are you nuts? Unless your buying into a really good deal, I wouldnt be buying into realestate at all right now. IMHO, realestate price are about to take a tumble. After the last 5 years of impressive realestate price increases, the interest rates have HAD to follow them up. If the realesate sales and new construction slows down (they certainly already have up here), im betting interest rates will come down to stimulate the market. IMHO, the only worst thing someone could do right now besides buying a house, is buying a house AND fixing your rates!!! Not only my opinion either, my house is for sale, and we will be down sizing with our new place, smaller mortgage, in preperation for the deepening credit crunch and an abundancy of cheap houses coming onto the market over the next 12 months or so.
  3. so are you saying the exhaust side turbine wheel and housing are the same as BA-BF?
  4. is dave goin mate? ill head down if he is gonna be there, same goes for if kent gets his car goin, I cant wait to see that thing go...
  5. there isnt much else to tell... theyre available now, and it gives the ability of the owner to tune thier own car when perhaps their usual tuner is not available or cant spend the time to be at the strip making changes on the fly. I thought it would be useful for alot of people who drag race etc. For example, I dont have a tune for race fuel. So I ask my tuner for my last tune file and head off down the strip with my laptop and datalogger and some drums of martinis 110. I plug in the datalogger and do a run on the race fuel after I have added say 1 degree of timing. at the end of the pass, I check the laptop and see if the knock sensor heard anything.... it didnt, so I add another 1 degree of timing and go for another pass etc. until I see it start to hear a knock, then I stop adding the timing and I have created a new tune for myself for race fuel. With a wideband o2 sensor up the tailpipe, I could do the same with boost, and say create a new tune @ 20psi on the race fuel... no dyno required. at a later date, I pay $60 or whatever for a dyno run at the local, and I can then see what effect my new tune had.... or another example might be that I have just bought a new FG turbo and I want to fiddle around with the launch control and suss out the best rpm and boost to launch from on MT`s :ifiusethisimafag: cant do that on a dyno, and cant cant do that in a tune shop either.
  6. ratter, ive seen you on the sct forum... what are your thoughts?
  7. you would have to be mad to do your first tune from scratch without the help of an experienced tuner, that's why I dont belive it will negatively affect the professional tuners, although I suspect CAPA thinks so... its not easy, however it would become more so if the information was out there and people were capable of educating themselves...? a good start would be reading thru the tuners forums and get an idea how its done, there are sh*tloads all over the world. you need to know what your doing, or you will destroy your engine very quickly, you need to learn the software, and learn how to set things up to progress safely forward whilst slowly winding things up, all this stuff is taught in the nispro tuners training course for obvious reasons. You can set things up for example, for the ECU to pull out a certain amount of timing based on what the knock sensor hears as your tuning things. The knock sensor in my car was very effective, and it would detect slight pings before we could hear them aurally. You need to know what your doing though, otherwise as you adding more timing, if you forget to check the datalog to see if the ECU was hearing a knock, the ecu pulls out what you just put in and you wouldnt know it etc... you need information. its not going to be for everyone.
  8. most of the tuning can be done on the street, or at the strip using the datalogger. The only reason for a dyno is to get a HP, torque readout. The only other real use for it is to smooth out the AFR across the rpm range. Many dynos you can dry hire @ around $100 hr. Dave never tuned with a dyno for years... and still does most of the tuning in the car. The datalogger will tell you everything you need all read from the cars factory sensors. Fun times ahead...
  9. confirm, this package works on xr6 turbo. same software that professional tuners like tunehouse, CV performance, nispro etc all use to tune fords, SCT advantage III with flash tuner. The only difference is that its locked to 1 edit box and 1 car. If you sell the car, the package must go with it, it cannot be transferred to another car and it doesnt have '5 lives' like our edit boxs do.... only 1 life. However, CAPA do not sell this package, they say not enough demand for it here yet. apparently, I was the first person to ask them about it? However, in the USA, its very common and virtually all SCT dealers sell it. You give them your processor code and vehicle type, and they send it out with a base tune for that vechile. The full package including all the software, cables, xcal2 edit box AND DATALOGGER, acess to private SCT tuners forum, is only $795USD. ima get me one if these get popular over here, fordxr6turbo.com forum gonna need a new section, "tuners discussion forum" woot! sadly, I also belive there will be some opposition to it becoming available here...
  10. groper

    Grrrr.

    did this happen today? he should not have used a machine in the wet weather, you can see why... make sure he levels it out good... turf is $5 a meter laid btw...
  11. just read on here how to do it, spend $6k and boost the hell out of it, and youll be impressing more than just the evo drivers...
  12. haha its really not so simple to determine how much oil you need to make petrol, and even if you did know exactly, trying to translate that into a cost is even harder. But from this sorce http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99675.htm it would seem that between 47% and 67% of crude oil ends up as petrol after refining depending on the crude source, and the refinery itself. The rest ends up as anything from diesel, to jet fuel or kerosene, LPG, ashphalt, and all sorts of other goodness, very little is wasted. distillation and catalytic cracking of the various long chain hydrocarbons, into usable petrol constituents doesnt AFAIK, yeild any more or less than what you started with in terms of mass. So what im saying is, 1 KG of crude could potentially equal almost 1 KG of petrol if every part of it was cracked down into usable petrol... reality this is impossible/impractical, add the fact that other heavier fractions are useful and needed elsewhere besides petrol, such as motor oil, diesel etc. So in terms of cost, you would need around 1 KG of crude to make 1KG of petrol, this in terms of volume, would mean you actually get more alot more petrol than the crude you started with, crude being alot heavier than petrol. Typical composition of crude varies alot but loosely, at least 90% of it is hydrogen and carbon, or hyrocarbons. The typical hydrocarbon chain length in crude varies between 5 - 40 carbon atoms. So in theory, only about 10% of it cannot be cracked down and blended as fuel. 5-12 carbon hydrocarbons are mostly used in petrol, 10-15 carbons in diesel etc...but without knowing the amounts of each size hyrocarbon chain within the crude, I cant work out the yeild in terms of litres of pertol from litres of crude... some useless info for yas... yes im bored...
  13. 1 good reason is to stir up blokes like you!!! wog tried this years ago, but with what id call limited sucess, we have spoken with him about it, and have some more of our own ideas...
  14. I didnt have a problem, my diff was fine... I changed the gears simply to change the gearing... I belive the above post is correct, they just need to be reset, to mesh correctly, you probably wont need any parts unless for some reason they are badly worn, the bearings are somthing you would do if it had seen alot of miles, preventative maintenance if you went to the trouble of rebuilding it...
  15. to rebuild diff, not including parts, $500 labour... I just did a pinion and ring gear swap 2 weeks ago... bearings are about $200 pinion and ring gears $300 second hand, or about $800 new.
  16. that's what you call "cricket batting a pole"
  17. yes it is hard on the turbo, valves, and exhaust system, but I think with a bit of mechanical sympathy it should be ok. Many people have had years of life out of their turbo running it... the trick is not to sit on it for too long. 2 seconds is all you need, like the supra in the video at the start of this thread.... pop pop pop, GOOOOOOONE! the issue has been with programming it into the tune on our XR`s, its difficult if not impossible without some 'help'... Also being able to flatshift consistantly without loosing boost between shifts - notwithstanding being a freak driver like F6 UTE...
  18. no, but it should bring the manuals CLOSER to the autos, autos get boost off the line, manuals dont without antilag, autos dont loose their boost between shifts, manuals do unless they have antilag and can keep the throttle body wide open at all times during a pass... With this setup working properly and dialed in, I expect the manuals to get much closer times to the autos than what they have been... to this point, I dont know of anyone who has sucessfully done it on the xr6t??? its odd because the ricers and euros have been doing it for ages... I guess its the limited ability of the ford PCM and to get it you would have had to change engine managment.... but maybe there is an easier way...
  19. dont wanna say too much just yet, but ill fill yas in when we get it running... BANG BANG...
  20. _06Jkq2vKR0&feature=related I think I have it figured out, with the help of blueboost of course...unlimited boost off the line... keep yas posted on further developments, if we can get it all working properly that is...
  21. heya bro, PM me when you get closer to here and ill give ya the run down... Dont worry about getting to the reef, there are sh*tloads of operators going out everyday. Id probably recommend, HABA or POSIEDON. We can go for a cruise up the coast road too from cairns, nice road. There is also some other stuff id reccommend seeing while your here, again PM me and let me know how much time you have etc...
  22. cmon, how can you rate a tyre based how it performs on your wifes merc???? when I rate a tyre its based on fangin up a mountain range in a modified high performance car, well beyond the realms of sanity for most people. All the tyres I like, are the race compound semi slick tyres, nothing comes close in terms of grip and corner speed. Sure they wear out quickly, but that's the price of performance. I posted an article in a thread a while back that listed all these tyres and prices in one easy page... http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2912/article.html most of them will have you grinning from ear to ear going around a corner like you never thought possible...
  23. valve springs will limit you to about 300rwkw, but it can be as low as 260rwkw or as high as 320rwkw. The T5 will explode not far beyond that also, they are referred to as 'the glass gearbox' bottom end will be fine provided tou get a good tune with no pinging... so, id aim for about 300rwkw, and be sympathetic to your gearbox when you drive it and you should be ok.
  24. same thing I reckon... but if not, they come with a new box that will work.
  25. FARKIN SWEET! make sure to let us know... just found out that it IS advantage III software, so its the same as what the pro tuners use, and it IS locked to 1 vehicle. Only question is, will it work on our xr6t`s. If it doesnt yet, it will soon without a doubt.
×
×
  • Create New...