Jump to content

geea

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    4,320
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by geea

  1. that's a great result. Going from your results and the results from guys with BF Typhoons, I'm thinking that the BF Typhoon must have a bigger injector to be able to get around the 290rwkw area with standard injectors. Geea.
  2. I've used NewOak in the past, always with good results. I now get all my servicing done at Amberley Auto's in Dandenong, they are the service arm of HPF. You don't have to have the dealer do the servicing to keep the warrenty. I only use the dealer for warrenty work. I find you get a better service from good workshops rather than Ford dealers. Geea.
  3. My car will rev to 6900rpm. I've found an old dyno from June 2004. It's only 262 @10psi. It's on full boost (10psi) on the entire run starting from 2700rpm. Geea.
  4. Great film, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the series. Geea.
  5. Most important question is what state are you in? Geea.
  6. No idea Rob - but I agree - it would be great if they did! They are obviously getting great results already but perhaps they would see this as a worthwhile investment given the number of clients they have. Cheers, Ben. ← Ben I think Rob was implying that HPF might go along and help teach. Geea.
  7. I run the Kewish box and think they'd have the toughest 4spd around. How many of the others have run lots of 10 second passes with 1.5x 60'. Geea.
  8. When you say the power level is whatever we can estimate, what does this mean. What power did Jim tell you that the car had? What sort of dyno does Tunehouse use? Geea.
  9. Done. Geea.
  10. That sounds like a good result. Geea.
  11. Good luck on getting it all fixed. Let us know how you go. It might be worth your while to tell the dealer that you're on a few of the forums and that we're keen on the results. Geea.
  12. I think you'll find that the 8.08@155 is for the 1/8mile and that the 155is kmph. The drifting was great but I'm not sure about the powerpoles on the dragstrip. Geea.
  13. I'm happy to give you an audition as a dancer if you like, Chris. On a serious note, good luck with the job hunting and I hope you find something bigger and better. As someone has mentioned, if you're able take a break now as it might be awile before you get the chance again. Geea.
  14. There's a place on Keys rd Moorabbin, not sure of the name though. Geea.
  15. The main problem with your idea is you can only tune 2-3 cars in a normal day 4 if you make it a real long day. Also I know that HPF are pretty flatout. They'd also need to find a workshop where they could use the facilities. Geea.
  16. I know that on Sat night Dave and I took his car to Calder. The car was supposed to have 330HPF rwkw's. After we both drove the car to 11.7 @120mph I told Dave the car didn't have 330rwkw's it only had 300rwkw's. We were both pretty unhappy and I asked him if he had flashed it properly, which he said he had. He got Nick to flash it again and the car then ran back to back 11.3's @123mph. This is the sort of performance you can expect when getting your car tuned in Melbourne. Oh and then there's Kittens afterwards. Geea.
  17. I have mine mounted infront of the intercooler in the big opening. Geea.
  18. geea

    Wtf

    350km per tank would be about my average. On long trips on the open road between 500-550. However for my usual driving around home anything from 200-400 depending on my mood and the weather. Geea.
  19. geea

    Tuning

    I've heard from a few reputable soucres now that a new option will be available in the near future. This will enable you to do exactly as you mention above and have the tuner just tune your car with whatever mods you have. Of course, using this option won't allow you to have different maps, but many people don't see this as a negative and want a "go-fast" tune only. And for all the smart 's - it won't be here in 2 weeks - or will it?? ← that's correct that's already available but requires the tuner to drill a hole (yes a hole) inot your pcm so that he can plug in something to tune your pcm via his lap top.... drill a hole in my PCM?? dont think so ← What sort of product is it and who does it with what results? Geea.
  20. It's definately the band. I think you'll find you have no 4th either. Go on the open road and try to engage 4th, it won't be there. Mine is also currently having it's band replaced at Kewish. The band is the biggest weakness in these boxes. Dave @ Kewish is also doing some more valve body mods to try to eliminate the problem. Geea.
  21. The best and only way to get a definate answer when people doubt power figures is at the track. Simon does take cars regularly to the track so I'd imagine we would have some times to back up the power figures in the near future. Geea.
  22. Hey! What's this cut and paste timeslip crap! Yes, it was a good night. It was good to see Dave, Marcus and Laurie all get PB's. They were all very happy about their times. And Laurie's effort on pump fuel without a stripped car really is something no one has done before as far as I'm aware. I'm looking forward to the next one. These nights are alot of fun! ← For some god forsaken reason, when I tried to change the Time in my sig, the boards kept telling me it was too long. WTF All I did was change the digits.111 should be 110 (109.99) actually. But the 0 in 110 won't be accepted? ← All fixed Marcus. Geea.
  23. It was great catching up with you and Rod, Mark. that's a nice ride you have. When you get the stall sorted you'll be going even quicker. Geea.
  24. geea

    Where Has Wog Been?

    What haven't you been around??? Geea.
  25. After having a look I wouldn't be too concerned. The 2 runs where seperated by 0.15 and 1.5mph. This isn't a great deal and it could come down to quite a few thing. How hot the auto was, how hot the car was, how hot the air was, any possible differences in how the runs were driven. With such small differences any one or combination of these could make that sort of difference. Geea.
×
×
  • Create New...