My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)

discostig

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 18d

I'm going to have them spray it Phantom and then take pics of them sanding it all off and put undercoat back on.  Saw that done to a ute once, was baller!

• Like 2

• Donating Members

I secretly hate it too but I can appreciate the clean look even after it's been rained on :)

The car is in for a big laundry list of things that need looking at, some major and some not so major.  Hopefully they are able to knock most of them on the head.  The above pictures are only happening because it was due for a fair bit of TLC work already and I was feeling rich enough to spring for the Independent Motorsports diff hat upgrade at the same time.

Fingers crossed it all goes well and they can get it back to me this week, because I'm driving around in a car that is showing signs of post apocalypse zombie damage repair

lrXiPnO.jpg

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Hahahahaha

You know I'd pay you first if I could, but I doubt it would be enough for you to quit your day job playing with model trains to move to full time junk fiddling as your 9 to 5

Even if it did, the novelty might wear off anyway once you've got dirty fluids on your hands for a few weeks straight and I'm finished with your services for another 6 months

• Like 3

• Donating Members

Captain's Log

Star date 2016-06-21-17.22

This is week 2 of no boost.  I complain, but...nobody listens.  I have received news that some required parts will take 3 weeks to arrive.  As my memories of my former life fade, the hatch is becoming proportionally more fun to drive.  I subconsciously initiated a rear emergency brake induced oversteer event when turning a corner in the wet, and almost convinced myself it was "fun".  I pray to the motoring overlords for my sanity.

Luckily there remain stalwart defenders of the downtrodden in this bleak, perpetually "one atmosphere of pressure" world, who have come to the rescue with far more rapid availability of parts for my currently un-seaworthy war vessel.   The WA Brembo & Diff Emporium proprieter @Ralph Wiggum suggested I contact The Barra Parts Hoarding Baron (also known as @Tocchi) which has proved fruitful.

The work to the keel of my ship is completed and attention has moved to the bow which is to be strengthened and made oil-tight.  I am now seeing a glimmer of hope that I shall experience air inputs above 1 BAR by the weekend.

Signing off

SJBB

Captain of the Lacques dePaint

-End of log entry-

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 15