Limp mode...

jas98

• Member For: 11y 8m 5d

Hi ba xr6t sedan stock tune 

Yesterday started car and P was flashing ..went to drive and D was flashing. And was in limp mode as was stuck in third with no Speedo Aswell.

Turned off and on again and been fine since. 

Scanned and found some codes relating to modules not recivering speed input however the pcm had a code for P0500 

Also 2 other codes which come and go but never caused issues unless it's related now? But these codes are 

P8026

P8028

Any help thanks 

Also battery is near new 660 CCA and was also tested at 663cca. However wife did mention it sounded like it struggled to start other day so maybe earth issue??

Thanks. Soooo it did it again today...same thing turnoff and on again and fine. 

I have checked a few things but nothing seems out of ordinary 

I've been told the right rear abs sensor is one the pcm uses for Speedo. Is this correct? Even though no code for that particular sensor could it still be that? 

Also can reseating the BCM module help with this or is it more a dash reseating? 

Thanks 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

BCM/BEM is easy as it's just the thing that is mounted to the bottom of the stock ICC so just remove it and do what you need to there, if anything...

The other bits of the electronics are not so easy

Thanks 

So rescanned it this Arvo and now has a code in BCM for low battery 

Honestly unsure why again battery causeing issues and it's first time low battery has caused this issue anyway...if it is.

No idea why yet again battery issue as it's about 5 months old if that and was tested fine. And all battery cables are perfect. New alternator .. and been tested fine. 

Maybe I'm just having bad luck with batteries 😂😂

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

I think you have listed the codes wrong? Nothing comes up for the ones you listed. These do though:

P0826, P0828

In any case, both appear to be trans related. Might have an issue with some circuitry somewhere, a sensor or a switch maybe.

Another forum post with these codes

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
2 minutes ago, biddie_fiddler said:

I think you have listed the codes wrong?

Yerp I noticed that too, haha maybe someone spilled their beer into the centre console?!

Ok so those trans codes as said come and go however there not there anymore. This p0500 code is and also a u2197 is all modules except twh abs. So abs is getting a signal but pcm is either not or is but not releasing  data correctly?

Battery tested perfect on load test. He did say it seemed low on volts though 🤔🤔 but CCA was 560.

So far I have come across 2 exact same issues I have and one guy never said if he fixed it or now and other guy  waw becaus he had HID bulbs something about the ballast causing a power surge at startup?

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

The codes are trans signal related not battery or surge issues.

They relate to the switches in your transmission gear stick. You will need to get an auto sparky to look at it, or change out the shifter assembly.

You're getting a bunch of pretty hectic codes. What have you done to your car recently? Have you worked on it at all? 

Could be a grounding issue