mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 17/03/04 03:15 AM Posted 17/03/04 03:15 AM well, I'm a little unhappy, after waiting nearly 2 weeks for the installer to be available and after 4 hours of him tearing my car to peices, I get a call I did not want (we're sorry sir the alarm just won't work because your car is to new) WELL DUH!anyway after a very heated call to Brant, who claimed that this can happen and being honest and upfront with me (yet when I booked it in you made no mention that there is a possibility of it not going in) I'm still no further to having a aftermarket alarm in my T.So first of all. Only go with Brant if your car is not brand new cause chances are it won't work.and second who has an aftermarket alarm system in thier car and what brand/costs? I'm in the market for one now.Cheers,Matt
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 17/03/04 03:27 AM Posted 17/03/04 03:27 AM I'm looking at the one's on herehttp://www.incaroption.com.au/
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 23d Location: Adelaide Posted 17/03/04 03:41 AM Posted 17/03/04 03:41 AM the only problem with that one I'm told is that they need to bypass the immobiliser apparantly....dunno how true that is though. They use a different one instead which the guy really didnt wanna do cause he said the ones in the t's are world class.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/03/04 03:46 AM Posted 17/03/04 03:46 AM What's wrong with the Ford alarm?
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: NSW Posted 17/03/04 04:13 AM Posted 17/03/04 04:13 AM I've heard the cars are almost impossible to steal with just the immobiliser let alone the normal Ford alarm. I haven't heard of any T's being stolen yet???Anyone else?
tintR Member 154 Member For: 23y 2m 19d Location: Ferntree Gully, Victoria Posted 17/03/04 05:44 AM Posted 17/03/04 05:44 AM I have a steel stopper. Cost around $300 and works perfect.You just want the upgrade. Brett
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 17/03/04 05:52 AM Posted 17/03/04 05:52 AM Sentry Alarm here ... no probs, still got the car so I guess it's working.
Guest PhilH Guests Posted 17/03/04 10:15 AM Posted 17/03/04 10:15 AM Mongoose here - really happy with it, seems to integreate nicely with the Ford remote and immobliser. Uses existing remote, boot button automatically bypasses the boot alarm temporarly, then resets it when you close the boot again.
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 10m Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 17/03/04 12:02 PM Posted 17/03/04 12:02 PM Have a Viper alarm here which integrates the same with the Ford remote, works great.The Ford Alarm is a cheap Vision one wich is missing a few things like shock sensors and I'm not sure what else. It is quite a rip-off, but you get that.Case in point, I had the bonnet protector ordered for my car but decided to nix it and swapped it for the slimline weather shields, which I like and for the Ford CD holder, which is a $20 piece of crap. It's nice but the actual slips for the cd's really suck and I've since bought two better ones from JB for a grand total of $3.50 each.Back to alarms for a sec. Pretty much nobody's car is going to get stolen and driven away, but while they are trying, it won't be making a sound. Same if they want to try to take your wheels, no alarm or the Ford alarm won't care, no noise. It's mainly just to stop people doing damage to your car cause they can't steal it as the factory immobiliser is very good.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now