ToddyG6E Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 8y 6m 28d Posted 19/04/21 04:53 AM Posted 19/04/21 04:53 AM Gday fellas quick question as I have a problem and need to sort it ASAP. So have a 2010 G6E turbo and have the 8 inch kayhan units in it. Currently need to get the unit out, which is fairly straight forward......BUT, how do u get the main wiring harness off? Have tried pulling, pushing, wiggling, nothing bloody works. In me shed now and need this bastard out!!! So it’s the big white rectangle main harness clip. With factory unit they just slide out, but this aftermarket wiring unit is frigging stuck in good. Am I missing some hidden clips or something? Tried kayhan themselves for advice, but they will not help you with anything unless u can quote them your invoice number immediately, which I don’t have on me. Cheers for any help fellas, and I hope it’s just a quick and easy solution and I’ve completely missed it👍👍
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 19/04/21 05:47 AM Posted 19/04/21 05:47 AM I can't recall from mine (aren't about to pull out the dash to take a look - sorry) but has it got a "lock" on the harness you need to push in to release it, similar to the one below?
ToddyG6E Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 8y 6m 28d Posted 19/04/21 08:37 AM Author Posted 19/04/21 08:37 AM No it’s this one behind the icc down the bottom mate. It’s got clips and tabs all around it but none of them seem to free it up. Got me stumped???
4321 Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 12y 6m 5d Posted 19/04/21 08:47 AM Posted 19/04/21 08:47 AM It has no clip on it , its design is to slide on & off as the icc is installed/removed. or in other words your not pulling hard enough!
ToddyG6E Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 8y 6m 28d Posted 19/04/21 12:09 PM Author Posted 19/04/21 12:09 PM Yeah my factory one slides in and out no worries, but the pictures clip is the kayhan units main plug that replaces the factory one and she is def not just gonna pull out. Been at it that hard that the bloody firewall is nearly coming with it😂
biddie_fiddler [IMPULSIV3] Legacy Donating Member 1,374 Member For: 7y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/04/21 12:00 PM Posted 20/04/21 12:00 PM Refer to the kayhan install guide on how to install the unit, then just do the opposite 😊 if I recall correctly, there is a clip/lock of some description that holds that in place. May I ask why you’re removing it?
ToddyG6E Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 8y 6m 28d Posted 20/04/21 12:16 PM Author Posted 20/04/21 12:16 PM Yeah mate there instructions are sh*thouse to say the least!!!! And customer support, what’s that!!! U gotta have invoice and Id to read out to them everytime u ask a question. Even using there app on Facebook to write to them, u have to screenshot all this bullsh*t before they answer anything!!! Anyway rant over😂 yeah mate to answer your question, when I installed it originally I didn’t have the correct cables to hook up my factory reverse camera, so I put it in without. But have had the cables for a while now and just thought bugger it I’ll get it done as it is handy to have on the big barge. But it’s turned into a sh*t fight. Just reinstalled it today without the bloody camera hooked up again. I’ll never buy off kayhan again though!!!
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/04/21 01:02 PM Posted 20/04/21 01:02 PM put the kayan unit in the bin when your done sh*t product and service joke of a company using club fg as guinea cops hah!
biddie_fiddler [IMPULSIV3] Legacy Donating Member 1,374 Member For: 7y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 21/04/21 12:17 AM Posted 21/04/21 12:17 AM I guess I'll be the one on the forums to back the PRODUCT, however not the company. I have a unit in my mk1 FG. Been into car audio for a long time, and for these FGs it was the only drop in item that gave me RCA low level outputs for my amps. While the instructions are crap - its intended to be installed by proffesionals, not by hobbyists hence the constant bitching about the install process. It wasn't hard at all imho, but I've installed plenty of head units in the past. Not to say their instructions don't suck - cause they're pretty average. I didn't struggle though, with a bit of time and common sense it was an easy job. Back to your issue though @ToddyG6E, the instructions I was referring to is their youtube videos that show you how the plug in the main connecter. Skip to about the 4:20 mark (blaze it... sorry, couldn't help myself) to see how its plugged in, it'll give you a solid idea on how to remove it. Finally, cable connectors are never meant to be forced, if you're yanking on the cables you're going to break it and you'll blame them for this. Its what others have done in the past and is honestly not fair on Kayhan. They have a very particular way they are plugged in/out. If done right it shouldn't cause you any drama at all 🙂 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/04/21 12:22 AM Posted 21/04/21 12:22 AM good post @biddie_fiddler it looks like in their video that you should never remove that plug... so it looks like you should just undo the plugs at the other end, imho, because they have tabs that'll unlock 'em and they'll slide right out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now