Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 28d

Makes sense to turbo an na car. You can spend under 5k on parts if you shop second hand and if you can fit and tune it yourself, you can have a ripper car for around 10k. Plenty of decent FG na cars out there for cheap and results show that you can make over 400rwkw on the skinny rod engines with E85 or mid 300s on 98. I was thinking I might do that for a daily that is better on fuel than the 2 tonne brick I currently drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've increased the boost on the na+t territory and it makes a bit over 300awkw and 600nm on 15psi. As a result the trans needed an update to the tune, which I did this morning. Once again the shifts are quick and crisp and you wouldn't know it's an na trans in there.

I think this is where I'll stop the increase in power, it is a na engine after all. When the time is right I'll do some minor engine work to it so it can handle all the boost, but for now it will do.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
1 hour ago, Slowxr6t said:

my fgx adventures

Start a thread so you can keep all your info in one place. Makes it easy to find and has better community engagement.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 27d
20 hours ago, Slowxr6t said:

Great job! I will have some pics of my fgx adventures soon, efr 9174, artec high mount, farmer made custom 4 inch dump etc.

Very interested!!

20 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I've increased the boost on the na+t territory and it makes a bit over 300awkw and 600nm on 15psi. As a result the trans needed an update to the tune, which I did this morning. Once again the shifts are quick and crisp and you wouldn't know it's an na trans in there.

I think this is where I'll stop the increase in power, it is a na engine after all. When the time is right I'll do some minor engine work to it so it can handle all the boost, but for now it will do.

Sounds perfect man

• Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

There isn't a lot of difference between a turbo box and a na box, they have a different amount of clutches in the clutch packs. The place where the na box will fail early is the 3>4 shift due to there being less clutches in the E drum and the clutches being about as big as the palm of your hand.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
15 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick... Looks like I'm having a squiz at the turbo or manifold gasket tomorrow.

Had a look, the manifold wasn't tight enough. Torqued up the loose bolts which was most of them, started the car and no ticking. I should have checked them when I swapped the turbo recently but I didn't. The irony is I knew they would need retorquing due to all the new parts put on it, it having heat cycled and settled into place.