K4L4M1TY Member 32 Member For: 7y 7m 11d Posted 06/05/20 07:52 AM Author Posted 06/05/20 07:52 AM (edited) How do you figure? I do all my own labour so it's parts and tuning. Seen plenty of cooler and piping kits for round 1500, plenum plus stock fuel setup 700ish, new pump 2-300 injectors 500, valve springs 300, tune 1000, fg tb adapter. What am I missing? Like I said it doesn't have to be and most likely wont be all brand new bling. Not to mention recouping a bit on the parts I take off and probably sell. I understand zf probably won't be happy but I can worry about that if I want to keep the power down a bit to save it. Not sure what else would really be necessary. Edited 06/05/20 07:57 AM by K4L4M1TY
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/05/20 08:05 AM Posted 06/05/20 08:05 AM Exhaust, turbo mods. 500 for injectors will buy junk. Do you reckon you can change valve springs? Intake.? Surge tank? And that's just the start.
K4L4M1TY Member 32 Member For: 7y 7m 11d Posted 06/05/20 08:26 AM Author Posted 06/05/20 08:26 AM (edited) Dump is the only part I'd care about buying lol, 3582 can't get near 400kw without flapper mod? Yes I can change valve springs, intake is obvious since I just removed the plenum, don't need a surge tank really, my tank is always full. I can do all the labour myself, could probably rebuild the motor if I had the space and the tools. Edited 06/05/20 08:27 AM by K4L4M1TY
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/05/20 08:28 AM Posted 06/05/20 08:28 AM You have no idea. Good luck.....................
K4L4M1TY Member 32 Member For: 7y 7m 11d Posted 06/05/20 08:38 AM Author Posted 06/05/20 08:38 AM (edited) Good to know a couple years holding off learning and seeing other cars and working for someone who's built monster barras has taught me nothing then mr negative. Cheers. Edited 06/05/20 08:38 AM by K4L4M1TY 3
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 15d Posted 06/05/20 09:31 AM Posted 06/05/20 09:31 AM Don't worry about Aaron. Plenty of gumtree and Facebook pages with good gear on it. 1000cc injectors turn up weekly after people upgrade
K4L4M1TY Member 32 Member For: 7y 7m 11d Posted 06/05/20 09:50 AM Author Posted 06/05/20 09:50 AM (edited) All good mate, I know the attitude, kind of why I left the shop I was working at which has built and tuned many barras including some record breaking cars in their time. I've been sitting on my hands watching and waiting for when I felt I should start down the rabbit hole. Plenty of builds out there and plenty of parts I could buy but don't necessarily feel I need them ie: oil pump gears which I hear is a big thing for limit bashers which I avoid plus I have a zf. Seen parts all over the place at all different prices, I'm not one to always buy and get burned buying rock bottom cheap stuff so I try to know who I'm buying from when it's used stuff and pay a fair price but god knows there's plenty of good wrecks out there with nice parts just waiting to be bought haha. Edited 06/05/20 09:52 AM by K4L4M1TY
samhouston Legacy Donating Member 153 Member For: 17y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/05/20 01:38 PM Posted 06/05/20 01:38 PM Absolutely no reason why you cant make a big jump in performance for less than $5k. The FG intake is a neat setup, you don't necessarily need it but it is neater and works better. By the sounds of it that's the way you want to go so I would say do it! Always plenty of good parts for sale from people doing another round of upgrades so keep your eyes out on Facebook groups, etc.
NA_TURBO Member 532 Member For: 10y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 07/05/20 08:28 AM Posted 07/05/20 08:28 AM FG plenum is worth doing, you need the get an FG turbo water/heater pipe from the thermostat housing to the back of the motor. I used the plazmaman hot and cold side piping for the stock ba manifold and modified it to fit the fg setup. Get a plazmaman fuel rail while you're going. Only thing annoying is it stretches the standard b series wiring for the injectors a little.
BeerTurbo Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 8y 4m 27d Posted 07/05/20 01:32 PM Posted 07/05/20 01:32 PM I would keep the stock fuel rail, just install a gfb fuel regulator and your good to put a fairly substantial pump behind it. standard regulators dont like large pumps. ive installed fg manifolds on both my barras simply because I hate the placement of the tb on the b series ones. fg ones are easier to make pipework for, neater looking and easier to maintenance.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now