Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 11/10/20 09:07 AM Posted 11/10/20 09:07 AM Yeah you may as well hey. There are general zorst recipes for making power and you've got about 2/3's of it there. Just get a high flow cat and your exhaust will be easily capable of joining the 300 club.
violetpop Legacy Donating Member 436 Member For: 6y 10m 3d Posted 11/10/20 09:23 AM Author Posted 11/10/20 09:23 AM Got the venom bolt in cat atm with stock dump. The last tune was done with the stock cross over and 3576 in place 280rwkw 13psi.Hoping the new piping and turbo arrangement brings it up to 330+ or so. But yeah I'll bolt it up maybe a day or two before the tune and take it for a small cruise check it out and really that's where I want it to be subtle, full throttle I'm ok with all the noise but when cruising I'd like no drone and quiet.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 11/10/20 09:36 AM Posted 11/10/20 09:36 AM It should be pretty quiet as far as exhausts go cos there's two mufflers in there. You'll hear it but it wont be obnoxious at all. The intake etc will help out a lot. What intercooler is in it? 1
violetpop Legacy Donating Member 436 Member For: 6y 10m 3d Posted 11/10/20 09:42 AM Author Posted 11/10/20 09:42 AM I ended up using a generic cooler 500x400x90 with the plaz hot and cold side piping. Cooler is questionable at this stage but from what I saw intake temps were down from a average of 40 to low 30s high 20s. We shall see how it all goes on the dyno once the high flowed turbo gets done and back on the car.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 11/10/20 09:50 AM Posted 11/10/20 09:50 AM That's a pretty decent size cooler and being bar and plate will keep temps nice and low. It should work out pretty good. How long till it get re-tuned?
violetpop Legacy Donating Member 436 Member For: 6y 10m 3d Posted 11/10/20 09:56 AM Author Posted 11/10/20 09:56 AM I'm hoping the new core is ready this week and then its a case of swapping the rear housing over, having a good look at that pesky turbo smart actuator, putting it all back together and dyno so 2-3 weeks hopefully. 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 11/10/20 09:57 AM Posted 11/10/20 09:57 AM Nice one, something to look forward to! 1
violetpop Legacy Donating Member 436 Member For: 6y 10m 3d Posted 11/10/20 10:01 AM Author Posted 11/10/20 10:01 AM Certainly! I think that will be it for power mods for the time being and then focus on durability which I rekon will involve building up an engine on the side and possibly a trans too. All the fun you can have really 1
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 20d Posted 11/10/20 09:34 PM Posted 11/10/20 09:34 PM That cooler looks identical to my rapid cooler.(Or maybe I don't actually have a rapid cooler???)Not the best, but ample to 400+kw
violetpop Legacy Donating Member 436 Member For: 6y 10m 3d Posted 12/10/20 02:35 AM Author Posted 12/10/20 02:35 AM Haven't seen a rapid cooler but I'll def be under 400kw which sounds promising.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now