Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted

I've spaced the lining to 189mm



46ea14c4dd013a44a8fc7f2ac13e34aa.jpgb373855f695a8c8a74da1ce72fe24b26.jpgd17c8912e9f78547c0ab4de1e5cd5d78.jpg97bafb7b2ee6621e32b448f9997e7a93.jpg

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

woo, success :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted

I finished the left side now and it seems ok

The adjuster seems hard to get to with the rotor on

I had difficulty getting the new rotor to sit flush as well

Took it for a spin it seems ok98376037602b43cffcbcc2eb1e9eb02a.jpgfe80fe73a7dbe301fe5354faf4487559.jpg18d94f13b80de47fa27ff144c8fc50fc.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 6m 7d
Posted

It's important to get the rotor to sit on the hub properly. It's too late now but you should have sanded the hub between the wheel studs to remove the rust

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted

Hi mate, I used a wire wheel on the wheel itself and also on the hub. I tried to get rid of all the rust.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted

Thanks for everyone's replies and arronm's detailed replies with pics

The left side took about 2 hours to complete

The rotor came off quite easily

These rotors were from DBA slotted type as well

Whoever installed them put them the wrong way around I mean left to right

For the front I have remsa pads, I found with the 6 piston brembos, they didn't fade at Wakefield. I like these as street pads.

Next I'm going to put Bendix Ultimate in the front, followed by qfm zx2800.08d33af82d9d947b043aa19bfeef5185.jpg06db2ef324d847b59c7a7294287ddae4.jpg333b9bfe4333ff0e5f11941912dbec16.jpgbb19f76881a09c64c3a58a92de9037f4.jpg8062823fd80256402bac0608261255eb.jpg665901d4ced3023e0f953e3fa792ef90.jpg85eb1e104a2adb5fe77bbd733fd01011.jpg

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

good job on getting it sorted :):spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra ACT
Posted

I'll be doing rear rotors soon, so learned lots from this thread. Might give it all an overnight treatment with a few litres of wd40 first!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...