Plazmaman twin fuel pumps

• Member For: 6y 27d

Hello all im new to the site im looking at installing the twin fuel pump setup to a bf tornado has anyone got pics or tips alll the

stuff on here I can see and read wont let me load the photos. Do I have to upgrade the pump in the tank also?

Thanks guys

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 16d

No you don't need to upgrade the stock intank pump. It makes a great lift pump to feed a surge tank and will flow alot as its basically under no pressure. There are many options for surge tanks and set ups. You can spend as much or as little as you like.
Are you going to be running e85 and what sort of power are you chasing?
Best to go overboard on the fuel system as you always end up going for more power later down the track. Cheaper to do right once than re do it 2 or 3 times down the track.
I attached a pic of the setup in my tornado. Iv got a Herrod e85 intank module feeding a tray mounted surge with Teflon lines, 1x044 and a aftermarket stainless cleanable filter. Running to a plazmaman rail and turbosmart 1200hp regulator. More than enough for the current 400kw on e85 with the ability to add another 044 or a better pump if I ever build the motor.

Jet Turbo is a great bloke to talk to regarding fuel systems and he can source aftermarket parts for a great price. 9a57599d5caf649eb822929d622ad8cd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 17d

I've just fitted up a plaz twin peirburg setup with their rail in my Ute.

The pumps come with -6 fittings so I ran -6 pushlock lines to the fuel rail, ran a -8 return line from the rail to an FPR2000 fuel reg then -8 back to the surge tank.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

You will need to change intank for e85. Dont use 044 with E85.

If you are running close to 500rwkw on e85 twin plazmaman then run twin pierburg ,, 450rwkw , single pierberg will be enough.

If 98 , intank will be fine and single pierburg will be fine.

• Member For: 6y 27d

Thanks guys I dare say run 98 not much e85 where I am. I believe in doing everything once id rather go big at the start and see what happens.  I will be building a motor

down the track. I pretty much like all the plazmaman stuff and will be giving it a go installing it myself. OZYWalker was it hard to install? do u have some pics by any chance?

Thanks again guys

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d
On 28/03/2018 at 7:38 PM, bamk2f6tornado said:

Jet Turbo is a great bloke to talk to regarding fuel systems and he can source aftermarket parts for a great price.

9a57599d5caf649eb822929d622ad8cd.jpg

Thanks F6Tornado ;)

yes im happy to help any member out on good prices on Plazmaman products and offer support for all any any of their catalogue 

when it comes to fuel systems you need it to suit the application as you can actually go “to big” I know doubtful right but infact very true 

as a bit of a guide this works well and tried and tested personally 

for 98 gasoline and in a ute 

walbro intank pump 255ltr for upto 400rwkw 

for over 400rwkw and upto 550rwkw add a Plazmaman surge with single pierberg 

But you need an aftermarket hi flow regulator to suit ( Turbosmart FPR 1200 ) 

for over 550rwkw on 98 this moves to a twin pierberg Plazmaman surge tank and a  Turbosmart FPR 2000 regulator and a twin feed Plazmaman fuel rail 

the fact is over 550rwkw doesn’t really happen on 98 fuel and typically everyone switches to E85 so this guide changes for E85 fuel :) 

if you want anything Plazmaman please send me a PM ;)

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 12y 3m 11d

Sorry to bring up an old thread,

JETURBO, what would you recommend for 700rwkw on e85? would the twin pierburgs, fpr2000 and twin feed rail be sufficient?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

For a genuine 700rwkw on E85 you’ll need x3 Pierberg pumps, twin feed -10 rail FPR2000 and -10 lines if utilising the Plazmaman UCS system