Andyzxr6t New Member 2 Member For: 9y 18d Posted 14/09/17 05:42 AM Posted 14/09/17 05:42 AM Hey guys I'm considering getting my BF xr6t tuned and lightly modded with the hopes to hit around 300Rwkws. I need to upgrade the cooler but wanted to try and steer clear of coolers that require front bar to be cut, any suggestions or links to products greatly appreciated. Cheers Andy
Head Member 74 Member For: 16y 1m 10d Posted 14/09/17 06:30 AM Posted 14/09/17 06:30 AM For simplicity sake, fit an FG F6 cooler and you'll make 300+
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 14/09/17 06:35 AM Posted 14/09/17 06:35 AM Welcome Andy. If you have a look around the forum you will see that there is a wealth of information here. Have a look through the 300rwkw part of the forum and see what others have used as far as coolers go. Take a look through the 400 and 500 sections too for comparison. Here are some places that provide Ford intercoolers and other performance parts; Jonny Tig Nizpro Process West Plazmaman PWR Intune The best suggestion I can think of is to do your homework before upgrading as it is better/cheaper to do things right the first time. If you decide in a few months that 300rwkw isn't enough (and a lot of us do) you don't want to have to replace parts that are only a few months old or pay for another tune in such a short time frame. 1 1
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/09/17 07:58 AM Posted 14/09/17 07:58 AM 2 hours ago, Andyzxr6t said: Hey guys I'm considering getting my BF xr6t tuned and lightly modded with the hopes to hit around 300Rwkws. I need to upgrade the cooler but wanted to try and steer clear of coolers that require front bar to be cut, any suggestions or links to products greatly appreciated. Cheers Andy NO cutting for BA BF NIZPRO cooler. 1
Box stock T. Member 1,384 Member For: 11y 5m 24d Posted 14/09/17 07:58 AM Posted 14/09/17 07:58 AM 800 hp Tube and Fin kit by Plazmaman fitted like a glove in my BA. Zero cutting needed. Jet can vouch for this. Should be the same for your BF. And as puff said, part with the coin now and you won't be parting with extra coin down the track when the pump isn't up to task so on and so forth. Good luck Andy and welcome. 2
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/09/17 08:06 AM Posted 14/09/17 08:06 AM Yep the Plazmaman 800HP kit fits brilliantly with no cutting and is a top medium/upper level intercooler kit with a lower end price tag happy to help out forum members with some good prices on anything intercooler related ! 2 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 14/09/17 08:14 AM Posted 14/09/17 08:14 AM Haha I was just going to tag you and leave it at that but I figured I'd put some effort into it! 1
Andyzxr6t New Member 2 Member For: 9y 18d Posted 19/09/17 12:56 AM Author Posted 19/09/17 12:56 AM Thanks for the heads up guys appreciate it, I wasn't looking to go past really 300kw but I do know power is addictive. My bf's on 160,000kms do you guys think it's worth tuning like as in with that kind of mileage or am I just asking for trouble? Kinda why I was gonna draw a line at 300rwkw.. Service history is really good as I've owned it for the last 100k km's. And does anyone have any input in regards to a tested replacement for the useless rubber bushes in the diff? Thanks in advance.
spook Legacy Donating Member 180 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Posted 19/09/17 05:13 AM Posted 19/09/17 05:13 AM Don't be too concerned with the K's especially as the service history is good as you mentioned. Had my BF initially tuned for at a little over 300 rwkw at about 60,000k's mark. Just had it re tuned at 160,000k's after some additional mods and it's now around 340rwkw. As for the diff bush, I fitted Super Pro comfort (3 bush kit) a few years back. Not too hard a job if your handy on the tools and have a trolley jack. 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 19/09/17 10:49 AM Posted 19/09/17 10:49 AM On 14/09/2017 at 5:44 PM, Puffwagon said: Haha I was just going to tag you and leave it at that but I figured I'd put some effort into it! Jeturbo is known for helping members with parts and tuning and imo is one of the best guys to leave your car with for a "one stop shop". If I tagged him them he would be sure to see this thread. I figured I'd leave some info for you to look at rather than do that. As it turned out he chimed in anyway. Hopefully that clears up any confusion. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now