tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 28/09/06 08:33 AM Posted 28/09/06 08:33 AM Give Royal Purple a go. It's an American performance synthetic and used alot by racers, especially drag racing. It's not easy to find, but in every car I've used it in it has been fantastic. One car showed a power gain on the dyno after putting this stuff in.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 28/09/06 09:31 AM Posted 28/09/06 09:31 AM Royal Purple is available from Autobarn. I seem to recall the LS1 guys like using it.
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/09/06 04:45 AM Posted 29/09/06 04:45 AM Give Royal Purple a go.←... if you can afford it. Bit pricey innit?
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 29/09/06 04:49 AM Posted 29/09/06 04:49 AM Give Royal Purple a go. It's an American performance synthetic and used alot by racers, especially drag racing. It's not easy to find, but in every car I've used it in it has been fantastic. One car showed a power gain on the dyno after putting this stuff in.←But why?Synthetic Castrol 10w60 have done an excellent job of protecting my engine in the past
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 3m Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 29/09/06 05:15 AM Posted 29/09/06 05:15 AM I totally agree Allan with your statements and you are the reason I am using 10-60 edge...... plus I'm getting lazy changing oil every 5000 so I change every ~ 7500 with synthetic (probably stretch this to 10K now based on your experience). I once had a 2.0L V6 twincam and I feel/hear differences between oil, however I find this not the case with the T.Cheers,
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 29/09/06 05:33 AM Posted 29/09/06 05:33 AM So you would recomanded 10w60 for a stock T?
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 29/09/06 05:36 AM Posted 29/09/06 05:36 AM So you would recomanded 10w60 for a stock T?←Based on my experience, absolutely
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 29/09/06 05:42 AM Posted 29/09/06 05:42 AM Thanks Ninka as I was tosing up between 0w40 and 10w60and I think it would be wise to use 10w60??
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 3m Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 29/09/06 05:51 AM Posted 29/09/06 05:51 AM I'd go 10-60 for sure.
Jonno Member 79 Member For: 20y 1m 29d Posted 29/09/06 06:13 AM Posted 29/09/06 06:13 AM As you know I have a reasonably hard worked phoon and have for the past 14 months put 50,000 k's on it of very enthusiastic driving.Prior to that I had a T that I put 80,000 on in 2 years of hard modified driving.I have for the first time used castrol edge 10-60 and absolutely recommend the stuff..I have used every other type of synthetic oil and some semi - synth. and none feel or seem to preform as this one does.Only been in for 2 days and feels and sounds great. I change every 5000km's so I will post again here on the oil at 5000.....Just my 2c worth I thought I would share..... ←I used the Edge 0W40 at 1,500kms. I now have 4,000 kms and all is good.The only differences I have noticed are that the car runs slightly cooler, and starts easier from cold.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now