Snails_pace New Member 22 Member For: 9y 7m 16d Posted 26/04/17 05:00 AM Author Posted 26/04/17 05:00 AM Righto, I'll keep bushes in mind. Car is stock. I'll try and replicate the scenario to get an idea of whats going on. I was rolling at about 80kms and punched it. Im guessing it was in 4th at the time and would have dropped to 2nd?
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/04/17 05:43 AM Posted 26/04/17 05:43 AM maybe the cars ks was wound back so its I <3 Bananasd
Snails_pace New Member 22 Member For: 9y 7m 16d Posted 26/04/17 05:47 AM Author Posted 26/04/17 05:47 AM One owner, full service history. No doubt driven hard though, its not a Yaris
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/04/17 06:43 AM Posted 26/04/17 06:43 AM 1 hour ago, Snails_pace said: Righto, I'll keep bushes in mind. Car is stock. I'll try and replicate the scenario to get an idea of whats going on. I was rolling at about 80kms and punched it. Im guessing it was in 4th at the time and would have dropped to 2nd? Get the back up on stands and use your video recorder on your phone to get a good look at them. If they're shagged then they'll be split. 1
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 10/05/17 07:14 AM Posted 10/05/17 07:14 AM ^^^ WHS Get under the car and have a peak. 1
SirFaffer New Member 23 Member For: 2y 6m 2d Posted 14/04/24 02:20 PM Posted 14/04/24 02:20 PM did you ever solve this? having the same issue but from 6th to 4th on the highway.
hjtrbo Legacy Donating Member 328 Member For: 15y 8m 21d Posted 14/04/24 10:36 PM Posted 14/04/24 10:36 PM Spam reply 1/3 I had a 'banging' issue a looong time ago on an FG XR8 I owned. It turned out to be a hairline crack in the valve body. 3 brand new transmissions later. They were re-installing the faulty valve body before they found the fault because they didn't want to muck around with the software. Once they fitted a brand new valve body and updated the software she was mint. All under warranty thank goodness. But check your diff bushes and centre bearing first lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now