skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/03/17 09:26 AM Posted 03/03/17 09:26 AM ex police is good, brembo brakes 20-23k tops.
Kinash New Member 7 Member For: 9y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Cantberra Posted 03/03/17 09:29 AM Posted 03/03/17 09:29 AM Have you ever been chased by the police? I have seen their pursuits many times and seen their total disregard for the vehicle. it's just a tool to do the job. If that job requires smashing over a traffic island at 80 kph , running up perpendicular gutters at speed or using their vehicles as battering rams , they will. have you ever rented a car? have you ever had a company supplied car? tell me you would treat them the same as your own.
Box stock T. Member 1,384 Member For: 11y 5m 21d Posted 03/03/17 10:14 AM Posted 03/03/17 10:14 AM Better off putting Brembos on a one owner with perfect service history. Everyone is so scared about buying a modded car for fear it's been trashed. Cops treat those cars as if they were there own cars and they just paid $44k for them.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,110 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/03/17 10:32 AM Posted 03/03/17 10:32 AM 1 hour ago, Kinash said: Have you ever been chased by the police? I have seen their pursuits many times and seen their total disregard for the vehicle. it's just a tool to do the job. If that job requires smashing over a traffic island at 80 kph , running up perpendicular gutters at speed or using their vehicles as battering rams , they will. have you ever rented a car? have you ever had a company supplied car? tell me you would treat them the same as your own. No, I've never been chased by the police. Yes, I've seen pursuits. So what if it's a "tool to do the job"? Mine have always been tools to be given a belting every now and then Yes, I've rented cars. Yes, I've had a company supplied car in the past. Yes, I treat them just as my own because I have mechanical sympathy. So... where does that leave us? 1
Box stock T. Member 1,384 Member For: 11y 5m 21d Posted 03/03/17 10:35 AM Posted 03/03/17 10:35 AM Fair dinkum.
Ezy2Confuze Member 899 Member For: 16y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: West Perth. Posted 03/03/17 11:59 AM Posted 03/03/17 11:59 AM When my friend was in WAPOL he said the coppers used to flog the sh1t out of the XR6T's & the GEN III's as he said to "get their money's worth" out of them So I would never get an ex-chaser even though they have been serviced regularly etc. 1
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 9d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 03/03/17 09:29 PM Posted 03/03/17 09:29 PM 12 hours ago, blacktur8oute said: yeah I agree they are well maintained serviced etc but surly them running 24/7 as they don't turn them off wouldn't be a good thing One heat cycle is better than multiple cycles. Why do you think taxis can go a million km's on the same engine? 1
Ezy2Confuze Member 899 Member For: 16y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: West Perth. Posted 03/03/17 11:49 PM Posted 03/03/17 11:49 PM One heat cycle is better than multiple cycles. Why do you think taxis can go a million km's on the same engine?After reading some of the experiences of forum members, I'd be more worried about the timing chain skipping teeth, as I doubt they would ever check anything like that unless there was an obvious problem.Then again I'm always a little paranoid when it comes to big purchases so don't mind me [emoji106] 1
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/03/17 12:49 AM Posted 04/03/17 12:49 AM end thread/ 1
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 9d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 04/03/17 03:12 AM Posted 04/03/17 03:12 AM Lock it up admin freaky
Recommended Posts