skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 6d Gender: Not Telling Posted 13/12/16 01:32 PM Posted 13/12/16 01:32 PM yeah your sct thing if its an xcal2, 3 or 4 will read codes 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 5d Gender: Not Telling Posted 13/12/16 01:34 PM Posted 13/12/16 01:34 PM I don't know the specific wiring or I'd give you an answer straight up If everything is coming on then it seems that there is a common live wire and everything is switched by ground (or vice versa). Check from the start/power source/relay and find where it is earthing out. This is the simplest way to diagnose the issue but as I said I don't know how it is wired so there may be other things to take into consideration. 1
Ben_BAXR6 Member 49 Member For: 10y 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 13/12/16 04:40 PM Author Posted 13/12/16 04:40 PM 3 hours ago, skidxr6t said: yeah your sct thing if its an xcal2, 3 or 4 will read codes Car is tuned with an SCT Xcal3, ill plug it in and have a geez later today. 3 hours ago, Puffwagon said: I don't know the specific wiring or I'd give you an answer straight up If everything is coming on then it seems that there is a common live wire and everything is switched by ground (or vice versa). Check from the start/power source/relay and find where it is earthing out. This is the simplest way to diagnose the issue but as I said I don't know how it is wired so there may be other things to take into consideration. I think its exactly like you say, and when the door closes it switches the lights off, so I'm looking at the door switch. Ill have a look at that again, it may just need adjusting or something. Cheers for the help boys, appreciate it. 1
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 13/12/16 11:20 PM Posted 13/12/16 11:20 PM I might be wrong, but if the door switch was faulty and not registering the door closing, wouldn't you also get the dash indicator and chime going off? 2
Ben_BAXR6 Member 49 Member For: 10y 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/12/16 12:32 AM Author Posted 14/12/16 12:32 AM That's what I thought too, but nothing. Just the lights on. ?
Bara58 Legacy Donating Member 116 Member For: 14y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Bowen, Qld Posted 19/12/16 02:43 AM Posted 19/12/16 02:43 AM (edited) Wiring4 Electrical.pdf Has courtesy lights wiring on page 20 Edited 19/12/16 02:45 AM by Bara58
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now