BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 13d Posted 06/11/16 10:46 PM Posted 06/11/16 10:46 PM Is it a 19/8? I had 255 hankooks on my stock 17/8 and fitted fine... would even look at a 265
tds New Member 17 Member For: 9y 9m 6d Posted 27/12/16 05:00 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:00 AM How wide do you need to go for 300-325rwkw?
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 27/12/16 05:03 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:03 AM (edited) with that power level you can get 245's to hook up fine if its good rubber and warm tyres. I can really see the benefit of wider rear tyres but skids are fun too Edited 27/12/16 05:04 AM by skidxr6t 2
tds New Member 17 Member For: 9y 9m 6d Posted 27/12/16 05:29 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:29 AM This is a little off topic but for the life of my I can't find the information anywhere. What's the width of the FPV 18" twisty rims?!
Box stock T. Member 1,384 Member For: 11y 5m 24d Posted 27/12/16 05:34 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:34 AM What john said 245's even 235's can be made to hook up with the correct throttle control. I definitely tested mine out last night on the way home from a cruise, second gear roll on from 40km's it stayed nicely hooked up all way past 100, way past. (315rwkw's T56). But if ya load it up and drop the clutch she will fry to the moon. The higher the kw's the wider the tyre and better quality is definitely needed. Plus the more power through the driveline and better traction can equal broken parts. Not always but can happen. Twist are 245's 8.5 inch rims by memory. 1
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 27/12/16 05:35 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:35 AM I run 245's have 320. I have run Nitto in the past and are good but there is better tyres out there. 1
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 27/12/16 05:42 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:42 AM Decent 245's @ 320rw and am able to control traction pretty easily. Smooth boosting tune helps heaps too, get a savage one and less power/wider tyres can be harder.
Box stock T. Member 1,384 Member For: 11y 5m 24d Posted 27/12/16 05:44 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:44 AM 310-325 rwkw's is a good power output for these size tyres. 245 -255. I had ran a set of Bridgestone RE 001's (245's) on my old BF foon best set of tyres I have ever bought. Warm then up and they were super tacky, but wore out super quick as well. Downside I suppose. 8 minutes ago, Pixy Angel said: I run 245's have 320. I have run Nitto in the past and are good but there is better tyres out there.
espoig Legacy Donating Member 249 Member For: 12y 26d Gender: Male Location: Mundaring Posted 27/12/16 05:47 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:47 AM Pretty sure the eboost2 can do boost by gear and a lot of other stuff
Box stock T. Member 1,384 Member For: 11y 5m 24d Posted 27/12/16 05:58 AM Posted 27/12/16 05:58 AM Calling Jet or Peppy. Eboost2 question. These lads will be able to tell ya what the Eboost2 can do. Hey that rymes. hehe
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now