ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 13d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 13/10/16 01:17 AM Posted 13/10/16 01:17 AM Heres Ralphy
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 13d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 13/10/16 01:20 AM Posted 13/10/16 01:20 AM Even lazier https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/361659511630
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/10/16 01:28 AM Posted 13/10/16 01:28 AM ^I've got one of them inbound to me at the moment. Plans is to bypass the vac unit and pump it straight into my waste oil containers. 3
RJF6 Member 37 Member For: 9y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Wodonga Posted 13/10/16 05:33 AM Posted 13/10/16 05:33 AM 23 hours ago, skidxr6t said: yeah you can do it warm, I wait a while - until the oil isnt going to burn your hands. I also wear nitrile gloves, friggen awesome things. I do it without a jack but I need a slightly longer extension bar to get the sump nut off. oil filter I use a filter wrench to remove and replace by hand. The old oil goes back in old oil containers. Over time you build up a collection of these, annoying when you're doing the first oil change. I've got a few empty containers ready for my next oil change. if you need a jack, a trolley jack is what I'd use and I wish I had one, I don't have a flat driveway so can't jack cars up...I'm also not a fan of getting under a car that's supported by a jack. good luck man, it's very satisfying doing work yourself. Yeh ya Never get under a car only supported by a jack, I just did my oil for the first time car only took 5.5 lts of new oil and 5.5 is all that came out, I ended up driving up on to some wood blocks to change mine to, easier then using a jack and stands, oil filter came out pretty easy by hand no tool required, remember to run a film of oil over the rubber seal on the new filter and don't tighten the sh*t out of it, then hopefully next time around it will come out easy again.
4321 Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 12y 6m 5d Posted 13/10/16 09:02 AM Posted 13/10/16 09:02 AM Had a mate who would dig a hole & pour it in. When I asked him why he said it came out of the ground & I'm just putting it back.... (true storey) 4
stretch4660 Member 122 Member For: 13y 9m 9d Posted 02/11/16 12:18 AM Posted 02/11/16 12:18 AM No need to get under the car at all, that sh*ts for amatures. Take the airbox and intake pipe off to where it joins the pipe over the engine (FG), once airbox is removed the oil filter is right there and you can reach the sump plug by reaching down the side of the engine and over the K-frame. 15mm spanner = happy days, job done, no rolling on the floor for me ??
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 4d Gender: Not Telling Posted 02/11/16 12:22 AM Posted 02/11/16 12:22 AM still gotta get under to put a drain pan down. unless you're the mate @4321 refers to LOL.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/11/16 02:08 AM Posted 02/11/16 02:08 AM With low cars the pan doesn't even fit under.
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 2d Posted 02/11/16 03:03 AM Posted 02/11/16 03:03 AM I'm glad I don't have to deal with these problems. I just drive the car into the shed climb down the ladder into the pit and sit the drain tray on top of the trans jack.Full size pit in the shed FTMFW!! 2
Johnmal Member 39 Member For: 10y 1m 25d Posted 02/11/16 03:06 AM Author Posted 02/11/16 03:06 AM Did you have it dug up before? That would be the best I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now