Jump to content

Johnmal

Member
  • Posts

    39
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Johnmal

  1. What do you think of Penrite 5w40, as good as the others? I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  2. I would like to know which oil is best for FG XR6T, I've been recommended Mobile 1 0w40 or 5w50, castrol 0w40 as well. How many literes of oil does an FG take. Thanks I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  3. Did you have it dug up before? That would be the best I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  4. Johnmal

    Oil brands

    What's the difference between magnatec and edge? I know edge is fully syn
  5. Johnmal

    Oil brands

    My mechanic says they're all the same, so which is the best 5W 40 full syn I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  6. Johnmal

    Oil brands

    My mechanic says they're all the same, so which is the best 5W 40 full syn
  7. Hi there, I was wondering what is the best way to change the oil and oil filter, warmed up car? Also where do you dump the excess oil? What sort of a jack would you recommend. Thanks I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  8. Any on the Gold Coast I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  9. Johnmal

    Fuel

    I have now been running my XR6T on 95 and it seems to be going fine, I was wondering had anyone found any changes on using 95, I do like to run it on 98 for at least a 2-3 tanks and see the difference, all I found on the first tank of 98 was that it was a little smoother.
  10. Johnmal

    Turbo

    Any recommendations oil and oil feedline, would my mechanic sting me for it.
  11. Johnmal

    Turbo

    Probably a silly question however, I live on the Gold Coast and it's very small and a lot of congestion, if I do t push the turbo hard or give it a bit every now and then, is that bad for the turbo?
  12. Just to let you k ow guys, I had the xforce sports exhaust system already on the car when I purchased it, so it was a bonus, however the sound isn't as good or as deep as I would like, what can I do to get the sound deeper and a beefier, remove the resignator? I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  13. My brand of exhaust is a XForce, catback apparently from the local exhaust shop. He said if I need to improve it even better I would need to get the upgrade and that would cost $4k.
  14. Just curios to know what's the difference between 2, I assume performance exhaust is better and louder? How do I know what mine is? Does it really make a difference, I was quoted $4000 for a performance exhaust!
  15. The, sorry not Tito, damn auto speller I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  16. When do you change the diff oil and Trans oil what type is recommend. Why do the mechanics never tell you about Tito change the oil. FG XR6T I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  17. Johnmal

    Fuel

    My car is a FG MKII and sunshine ford said it will run better on 95, I have notice the smoother idle hot or cold, so will try 95 again just not sure which 95 is best, like everyone swears by BP ultimate for 98, it sounds awful on Caltex 98 and average on She'll optimax. The car is stock just had k&N air filter and previous owner out sport exhaust, so that would be stock correct I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  18. Mine seems to have a slight gap even when all the way up. I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  19. Yes the steering does pull out and in but doesn't go all the way up, the whole column I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
  20. Johnmal

    Oil brands

    I've been looking at oils Penrite and Nulon, since they're Aussie made. Which would be the one near for the XR6T, is the Penrite 10w 50 better, I'm in Queensland and it does get hot.
  21. I was wondering why isn't my steering column moving all the way to the top, it still has about 5mm-10mm before its fully flush with the dash. The actual stewing hight and lowering if the wheel is fine. Any suggestions
  22. Johnmal

    Fuel

    What is the fuel recommended in the hand book. I'm getting a slight idle noise on my FG XR6T, never heard it before. I have been using Caltex Vortex 98, and just switched to Shell 95, to see if there is any difference in economy and power.
  23. I wanted to know is there a shut off or kill switch on the FG xr6 turbos as when I tried several times to rev the car in neutral while rolling to hear the engine/exhaust note but it cut off at 3000 rpms it wouldn't go over or rev louder. I am assuming it's to protect the turbo? did anyone have this happen to them. I haven't yet tried to rev the car above 3000 to hear the note while standing still in Park. Thanks
  24. Hi, I've just recently bought my first ever Turbo car and I'm loving it so far, I am also concerned about the oild filter line to the turbo, however I don't know how the previous driver drove the car, however he had it serviced regularly. I already changed the transmission cooler, just wondering how much more do I have to spend on the car,lol
  25. Hi, I was wondering I just bought my first ever FG xr6T and loving it. Have you had issues with the Transmission cooler or changed it? Also have you heard or done anything about the oil line feeder to the Turbo, apparently it can clog up, I have no full previous history to the car so I'm not sure whats been done. I did change or upgraded the Transmission cooler for air to oil. Cheers.
×
×
  • Create New...