Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/09/16 09:50 AM Posted 07/09/16 09:50 AM Hello wheel studs, I'd like to introduce you to my friend Mr Angle Grinder. 3
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 07/09/16 10:18 AM Author Posted 07/09/16 10:18 AM tempted, and would have had I not been able to source some quickly, but im trying to not be a dodgy bastard any more....
OZYWALKER XR50T Legacy Donating Member 2,795 Member For: 13y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Western Sydney Posted 07/09/16 10:25 AM Posted 07/09/16 10:25 AM High tensile v Ford studs. I'd go the high tensile studs. You could even say they'd been heat treated lol.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/09/16 12:10 PM Posted 07/09/16 12:10 PM 4 hours ago, Panda Eyes said: wheels arrived today from Mars Performance- super quick (they actually came yesterday, but I wasnt home to receive them), and good communication. quality looks good, but because they get them blank and bore the PCD/ offset, the holes are raw, not painted. the raw back face doesnt bother me, but the holes would be nice painted... did a test run at my local bob jane- (mt barker- the guys are always willing to help me out). fitment looks good. I couldnt get the tyres from my current rims fitted though as I had previously installed long high tensile studs to suit my slip over 20mm spacers on the front, and my spline drive nuts bottomed out before clamping the wheels. so off to ford to get new standard studs. they had a couple old hubs from a ba they just replaced so knocked the studs out, handed em over and said to drop in a 6 pack when I get chance. champions.... now booked in for friday arvo to have everything changed over.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 07/09/16 10:25 PM Author Posted 07/09/16 10:25 PM thanks aaron, my address to send them is.... wheel studs was the quickest and easiest way. I knocked the old ones out and put standard ones in in 45 mins. I already have black spline drive nuts and want too use them too... incidently I have sets of spacers now if anyone is keen...
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 07/09/16 11:05 PM Author Posted 07/09/16 11:05 PM update- was having a close look at the rear rims and noticed they have 'offset +20' stamped on the back. I thought they looked a bit pokey on the trial fit- hard though cause the suspension is raised and the camber is opposite to what it will be when the car is on the ground.. have emailed the supplier to see what they say...
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 07/09/16 11:25 PM Posted 07/09/16 11:25 PM 54 minutes ago, Panda Eyes said: incidently I have sets of spacers now if anyone is keen... @PTR_NITRO_FG will be all over that like stink on a monkey 2
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/09/16 11:32 PM Posted 07/09/16 11:32 PM 25 minutes ago, Panda Eyes said: update- was having a close look at the rear rims and noticed they have 'offset +20' stamped on the back. I thought they looked a bit pokey on the trial fit- hard though cause the suspension is raised and the camber is opposite to what it will be when the car is on the ground.. have emailed the supplier to see what they say... Are they the same front and rear in terms of actual offset? Have they buzzed 18mm off the wheel mounting flange of a +20 to give you your +38?
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 08/09/16 07:17 AM Author Posted 08/09/16 07:17 AM I dont want +38. nah emailed them and they assure me they are +25. they are generically made at +20. they have milled 5mm off. should have piccies tomorrow if the rain holds off (sunroof is still out).
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/09/16 08:46 AM Posted 08/09/16 08:46 AM 22 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said: Hello wheel studs, I'd like to introduce you to my friend Mr Angle Grinder. No, you cut the end of the nut off. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now