My Phantom BA XR6 Turbo Build

tazzanz

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 8m 26d

Damn this thread is dead, so much ignorance from me too when I was first starting modifying it too lol. Not sure if I mentioned it but I brought a Spool billet crank for the car standard stroke. Also recently swapped the 14.3mm Headstuds for some very expensive CA625+ Studs. Also brought a complete aftermarket oil pump assembly. Clutch is in the works at the moment from Jim Berry (Big single plate) His single plates have seen 1200whp on barra before.

1149be6a9e42815c8f3ff46b6f3be24a.jpg0769565318938953fc13f82ba253d5a6.jpg8ae03828f4dfab30b8236b444ace05ba.jpg3ca5613e87f2ddec5e8bbdb3e8e618c1.jpg

• Like 2

• Donating Members

A while sadly, Once engine is done will be off to fabriactors again to have GT47 Mounted. Then finally off to the tuner to have a Link G4 Wired in. Yes the haltech plugin is available but my tuner has little experience with one and is a link dealer.

• Thanks 1

• Donating Members

I hope so. Only other things are like the driveshaft which shouldn't be a major. Will probably just send it with the stock axles, Those driveshaft shop ones aren't cheap lol.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m 1d

Stock ones are more expensive 

(when they let go and take the floorpan and everything below with them)

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 28d

Yeah I seen that. Between a built tailshaft and axles it's nearly 5 grand.

Keep on it bro, it'll be good to see the end result...and a hectic skid of course. 

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

really? first you've heard of it? *sigh*... yeah, you have to have a really strong engine to be able to spin it up... it can be done, but it's not safe on the stock setup, at all...

but the built ones (the right ways for higher revs operations) then it can hold on longer but it's also not great for high revs...

that's why we have the de-stroked engines which are MUCH safer at higher revs as these engines are "square" (the bore-stroke ratio is about 1:1) and this means the engine is in it's happy operation zone the whole time... but you lose some low down torque and get the ability to rev it harder. If you're going for higher revs, then a de-stroked engine is definitely the way for a Barra.