My Phantom BA XR6 Turbo Build

tazzanz

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d

Depends on your goal mate,

The B series turbo wont go past 450kw and to upgrade is roughly another 2k with fitment and tune.

A F6 short will handle 450rkw all day and be a fast car.

The costs ive had already puts me in 2 minds on that extra 100 or so kw and the extra cost it will take to reach it.

I started with a 7k sh*tta for work, now a 30 od k sh*tta and looking at a huge amount of coin to get my end goal of 550-600rkw.

The fighting with the misses about it is starting to lean me towards the cheapest option to get to my current turbos max out put.

Which is roughly 400-420rkw.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Be difficult to put it down to the road as well after 400 unless you drive on really soft tyres.  Having to get off the throttle to gain grip will mean spooling up again which I'd imagine would get pretty frustrating.  All that money and no improvement in performance.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

Hey Guys, Long time no update. Most of my original plans in the previous page are not relevant anymore. 

It started off with me dropping the car of to Sinco customs here in NZ, Where it sat for around 4months before any work commenced. In that time I had been toying with different ideas and plans.

0ad768b99e78a0c731aa1187200d6727.jpg

I originally intended to "Max" out the factory 3582 but I decided against that and opted for a HRC52 Holset built by a local turbo guru, He has his own line of Holset turbos with awesome results couple of guys running the same turbo on a 2jz and RB30 both making over 1000hp, After I purchased that it was decided a Top mount manifold would be built to suit the Holset with strict instructions from the Turbo builder (T5 Inlet, twin scroll) with a 60mm Turbosmart wastegate for boost control, Also have purchased a Turbosmart E-boost 2 to help out as well.

edb6de606c29e2d40e35305ea18cadc3.jpg462476e036767614d1363507d3d7c176.jpg

Next up was an exhaust I decided a 3.5" wasn't going to cut it so decided to go with a 4inch from the turbo back, with 2 Adrenalin R mufflers, With no cats, V band everything. Also has a cheeky screamer too!

b021fd0b6ea60632385d70517599a335.jpgb89b6efc699be0739bf6ef16942f8337.jpgbdbf999de2365d96990d0b128c895c70.jpg

Around this time also a Mod on this forum informed me CMS in sydney had a full T56 Manual conversion for sale from a Typhoon with only 56000km, Convinced Joe to sell it to me and within a month it was in my garage. Manual conversion was 3200 shipping was around 600 and then I got stung by Taxes and customs bullsh*t to the tune of 1200NZD! All up was around 5k NZD landed. Brought this to replace my current 5spd, Decided to buy a full conversion so I could re sell the conversion with my 5spd.

2467c1136fba85b7ff86eb4dd1dc0420.jpg

that's where I am up to at the moment, I have recently ordered a Plaza race series plenum, to the tune of $2.5k NZD! The car will have the cold side done at sinco consisting or a Turbosmart FPR & Race series BOV. Then I will bring the car back home, let my bank account recover and then the Engine build will commence. I have tried not half arse anything so far and don't plan too, This is the only High mounted barra in NZ I am aware off. I have gone about it in a round about way you could say with doing all the bolt on stuff first rather than the engine but I had no idea I would end up taking the car to this level. Also thanks to /profile/15792-jeturbo/" rel="">@JETURBO & /profile/7403-ralph-wiggum/" rel="">@Ralph Wiggum For the helpful advice and offers of help. Will keep this post updated when new parts arrive and progress happens, Cheers!

Engine bay pics, car also has a 1000hp plaz cooler

25fddcfc51c63ae8fab4339dc083f299.jpg8abacc596dc738343856b9096a95b3c7.jpg

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

The exhaust & manifold looks awesome :spoton:

17 minutes ago, tazzanz said:

T5 Inlet, twin scroll

That's a massive inlet... hopefully it doesn't make it too laggy.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

Cheers bro, Yea its huge ay! Turbo builder wanted manifold to slightly smaller runners compared to what you would usually use, due to the way the Holset makes boost and I assume to help counter some of the lag.

• Like 1