molch Legacy Donating Member 174 Member For: 20y 1m 30d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 05/09/16 03:37 AM Author Posted 05/09/16 03:37 AM The mamba turbo and the factory exhaust housing.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 05/09/16 07:17 AM Posted 05/09/16 07:17 AM Nice man I'd send that mamba ex housing back for sure and be asking for some sort of refund
OZYWALKER XR50T Legacy Donating Member 2,795 Member For: 13y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Western Sydney Posted 05/09/16 07:32 AM Posted 05/09/16 07:32 AM Haha have a look at their eBay page, the complete turbo with rear housing and actuator is cheaper than the GTX3584 without a rear housing.
sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 06/09/16 05:11 AM Posted 06/09/16 05:11 AM 21 hours ago, MattyP said: Nice man I'd send that mamba ex housing back for sure and be asking for some sort of refund Hey, he should be hitting you up for the refund. You gave the bad advice talking up this unproven turbo combo for the barra....
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 06/09/16 05:25 AM Posted 06/09/16 05:25 AM I said my experience was good. And I stand by that 100% its a shame that it didn't work out for him and should be going for reimbursement for sure
sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 06/09/16 05:39 AM Posted 06/09/16 05:39 AM My post is badly worded. No doubt you had good intentions. But Jeez, over the past 10 years you just keep seeing people trying to take the cheap option and end up paying more. There are so many off the shelf proven turbo combos these days. If you want cheap, consider brexit. The pound has devalued so much I have been getting cheap stuff sent over by friends in the uk. 1
molch Legacy Donating Member 174 Member For: 20y 1m 30d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 06/09/16 11:50 AM Author Posted 06/09/16 11:50 AM All is good. I went in knowing it was a bit of a gamble for me and also feel the mamba compressor housing and chra are good, solid units. I am still pretty pumped about how it's all coming together. I'm still expecting atleast 400 rwkw on 98 and the turbo comes on boost really hard, it's just every decision now is harder and slower due to wasted cash. I'm just documenting everything so the next person can atleast have some more information and opinions if they decide to go down a similar path, after all that's what these forums are about. 5
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 06/09/16 12:36 PM Posted 06/09/16 12:36 PM That's a great attitude mate. did you end up hearing back from them in regards to a partial refund of some sorts?
molch Legacy Donating Member 174 Member For: 20y 1m 30d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 06/09/16 12:42 PM Author Posted 06/09/16 12:42 PM yeah Mamba actually emailed me tonight offering a partial refund for the exhaust housing. I was surprised but told him that would be awesome and I really appreciate it. This gives them a 1 up for customer service in my book.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 06/09/16 12:43 PM Posted 06/09/16 12:43 PM That's good news ay did they say what would cause it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now