Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

the one in the link above is only slightly bigger @ 62.5mm so id say stage 2. A 66mm would be on par with a T04Z in the factory location though

 

Edit:- confirmed T04Z is .5mm bigger below than a stage 3 66mm rebuild

 

Compressor wheel: 66.5/84 mm

Edited by mightbuyaford
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted
44 minutes ago, mightbuyaford said:

stage 33 66mm wheel can go in a modded 3" housing or go for a .7 4" 66mm is 5mm oversize and is good for 500wkw if you want to rebuilt a standard turbo otherwise kinugawa/mamba are great value for money but might cost a little more in the end with mods to exhaust etc if you go a full turbo..

 

both good options

Thanks for all the responses guys.. So many options that's it's hard to make a final decision.

 

What mods to the exhaust are required for the Mamba bolt on turbo? 

 

Also so who do you guys recommend for a rebuild if I go down that path? 

 

also I am 99% sure I'm going to get CMS to do the tune.

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

I'd rather go a new complete turbo tbh
No mods to the exhaust,
Cms is good tip top

Posted

whats the end game of the car? power figure?

 

the mamba linked above has a V band rear housing so you would either need to change the housing or get a new dump pipe fabbed.

 

nick from RE in melbourne would be good. He does rebuilds for about $950 - $1500 and will ship it back to you with new studs and ceramic coating free of charge

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted (edited)

Ok gotcha. So the the gtx 3584r from mamba had the standard bolt rear housing so that's the winner. 

 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181896660191

 

 

I think I'm leaning this way, now just need to decide if I go the bigger housing. Will pm him and see if it changes the pricing much. Then I just need to worry about a single silicon intake pipe from the relocated intake... 

 

The turbo spool up was already pretty noisy, can't imagine it louder with a 4" intake.

Edited by molch
Posted

that's a direct bolt on. No need to change it unless you really want a 4" inlet but already has an A/R7 housing just with the 3" inlet

 

 

Compressor Housing Inlet OD: 3” / 76.2mm

 

Compressor Housing Outlet OD: 2” / 51 mm

 

Compressor Housing A/R: .70

 

Turbine Housing A/R : 1.05

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

Yup that's the bolt on one

That's a .5 compressor cover damo, .7 is the big one for the horny turbo whistle

Posted

I didnt really look just noticed it was a 3" inlet but specs say an .7 cover lol

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

Dodgy advert! Anyway I messaged him last night asking if he will mate it to a 4" inlet with 0.7 a/r. Waiting response. 

 

I think today ill book in CMS and a day off work for the trip down in a couple of weeks. 

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hills District, NSW
Posted

If your going to cms, chat to them before buying anything. They will give you lots of good options that they can make work.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...