G6E Turbo replacement????

molch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

Chatted to Jason at CMS and they sound like top blokes to work with.  Didn;t know too much about Mamba on Kinagawa turbo's but I don't expect too many people would.

Suggested I should go whichever way I feel comfortable with and if I can save a dollar then great.

Also I heard back from the Mamba guy and he isnt sure if the turbo will fit with the 4" 0.7a/r inlet. His had some mixed reports from customers.

I see this post and it has me a little worried: 

Decisions Decisions while meanwhile my car is off the road. I hate forced decisions. Ha what a pun!

2 minutes ago, molch said:

Decisions Decisions while meanwhile my car is off the road. I hate forced decisions. Ha what a pun!

That makes sense because you are going a T04Z in a low mount position so the wheel is alot bigger that a GTX82R. Overall the 4" inst the be all end all in this situation but that's upto you

• Donating Members

Hey guys, So I made a decision and laid down the credit card for this Mamba turbo: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181896660191

Can;t wait for it to arrive and be installed before I book it into CMS. Don't know wha to expect from this turbo but I'm hoping for around 400 kw on 98 as a minimum. Not sure the ZF will stand up to too much more.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Nothing yet and it's killing me. Waiting for the guy from Mamba to either reply or send the turbo. Paid in Friday last week and messaged him on Sunday. 

In in the meantime I have to catch a bus to the train station then train to work ???

its going to be a long couple of weeks! 

• Donating Members
On 6 August 2016 at 0:01 AM, MattyP said:

Nice man, Should be good!

You coming along on that cruise?

Cruise will depend on where my turbo is up to but yeah sounds like it will be fun. I also used to work with a couple of mates that have xr6 turbos so I'll see if we can get a few extra cars in the group! 

• Like 2

• Donating Members

News update: I received the new turbo from Taiwan! It was posted super quick! I think it left the warehouse on Friday and landed on my front door today. Thanks DHL.

ADE03DD9-DA9B-4931-A611-746C16B399DE.jpg

• Like 2