Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

Apparently have to drive it normally for a few hundred KMs first...

 

3 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:
Interesting catch can setup!
Do you have any pics of it?

I have the typical "race type" catch can that sits near the booster, but I'm looking to change it to a better designed one.. That actually has baffles in it.
Also I'd like to have it plumb back to the intake, the fumes that come out of my catch can are a bit hectic.

It's a baffled catch can, -10 fittings welded to the rocker cover and the breather ran to the intake pipe on the turbo. Set it up myself haha my engine breaths a fair bit so needed to have it plumbed in.

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

So nearly done 400kms on the new diff, will get to test it in a few weeks at the drags. Had a wheel alignment after having the diff out and checked everything over.

Front wheels are on back order for another month so painted my spares black so it doesn't look like I'm rolling around with burnout tyres on haha

Put one of the gauges into the dash, came up pretty goodd9fd4a3264df56431dab9c9bdab72ac0.jpga6cfc23b3248044670049cf928472ec1.jpg7bf2f4eb55e63ef8936449e50d89970f.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

Na not yet, I need to upgrade my fuel system first. Plus I want to see what this setup can do before I change the turbo. Hoping for a low 7sec on the 1/8th or even a high 6

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

What have you got planned for the fuel system? You should get a 7 second 1/8th easy man.

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

Well I'm looking at the aftermarket industries in tank setup, just need the coin.

Last time I ran the drags I did a 8.2 @ 92mph with the zf flaring and a 2.2 60ft haha so I should be low 7s

  • Like 1
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 7y 6m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

What about the kpm intank setup? Anyone used their stuff before?
 

They have a "1000hp rated" intank setup, as well as some others. Been really interested in both the kpm and ai products for intank setups.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

Had a look at the KTM setup, they all look good just a lot of money haha I made my own setup this week.

Under car 2.5lt bolted to the floor pan, with twin 044 equivalent pumps, made my own hardline from the filter to the surge, one way valve on the pumps and all wired up. Fuel reg can handle the pressure.22a533a77067a39697a72280aa128a31.jpg6b40351e128eef7a513271f4f7b62095.jpgdf74adfcf9d86e29753946ce37325b68.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

So brought a 2nd hand bonnet and got rid of the XR8 bonnet. Looks cleaner and more stock looking. Wired up a Hobbs switch in the intake to turn the 2nd fuel pump on so they aren't both running at the same time.

Also having a crack at making an air scoop for under the car for the rear mounted trans cooler. c97a4cad9815f62e40f7cdedf9066da9.jpg9fa79d5986be18fe1ac23e3366543ab1.jpg227dda13fcd14459ed48862fdd3ec3b6.jpgbab1a0d57ec2eb66d9cf1ef2bfc1e4c9.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

It's not the prettiest thing but it should do the job. Might fibreglass over it yet but not sure. Thoughts?f33bcedc0769420a988c405f3d1709a9.jpg307bdc506c117bf80629100a27eec969.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...