My Bf Xr6 Na Engine With Turbo

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 26d

Love it mate ! 

Many moons ago I bought a seriously mint condition EA S pack , Champagne colour, Centre point, 3 speed Auto would of easily been a 8/10 car and I did nothing to it for years. Just enjoyed driving it with nothing to worry about and it was silky smooth, quiet, A/C worked perfectly 

Big comfy seats even had a rear Venetian blind that just suited haha it was a weird thing to just enjoy an older falcon but I really regret selling it now. Yours looks the same as mine, tow bar and all with snowflake wheels. 

Rando fact but you can slam the 3 speed autos it into first gear at 80kmh and ring it’s neck out to 105kmh then click 2nd haha, do it in the wet and wiggle the steering wheel and it goes spastic ...... those were the days. Had a mate with one also but he flogged the hell out of it and worked those things out haha... Went forever though with zero maintenance 

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 4d

Haha I know what you mean. A turbo car always seems to be work to maintain. And I reckon I fell out of love with the EL because having two cars I cared about was a pain in the arse.

Putting a turbo Barra in an EA would be a time and money pit!

• Member For: 8y 6m 18d

Yeah it's nice to just hop in and drive it. Runs pretty well considering it's been sitting for about 4-5years. Only thing is parts are getting hard to get for it, even through work

Tailshaft arrived today, just waiting for a new radiator and should be able to start putting it all back together. Hoping to go to Tailem bend for roll racing in the next month or so.c1cb3e5f0c80b31b30f1951acfa85f06.jpg

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 28d
6 hours ago, NA_TURBO said:

Hoping to go to Tailem bend to get chopped by puffs territory at roll racing in the next month or so.

FTFY

Also lemme know if you wanna a hectic e85 tune for it when you over here. I'm sure I can sort something out in my spare time ;)

I'm going to try and push as hard as possible on 98 first. E85 isn't available here, still looking at water injection.

Debating on camshafts. Really need to do the diff before I go pushing for too much power.

Thanks man, we'll see what happens. Won't be any time soon. Just tried to fit the tailshaft and it's too long by 5mm, but I think my diff is sitting too far forward..

Going to drop the cradle and get the diff rebuilt, maybe the IMS diff hat too.