Fg Brakes Question....locks Up Under Hard Braking

PTR_NITRO_FG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 1d

Hopefully someone will be kind enough to reply....looking at you baby mod :P

Just trying to figure out if this is actually normal or BS...

Under sudden/ very hard braking....the front end dips and I can feel movement in the brake pedal (kinda feels like the front calipers seize up and shift forward). It may sound weird but not sure how else to explain it.

Fraud guy said last time its normal and its just the abs kicking in?.....but still sceptical cause surely track guys would be pissed if they felt what I'm feeling?

Ford did a brake fluid flush 4 months back in last service. Has T3/T2 combo (remachined fronts and new rears put on at same time as pads)...wagner pads all round (<10,000kms) and has goodridge braided lines all round (probably 20-30k use).

If you ease into it then do heavy braking its fine....its just under emergency or very hard stopping that it feels funky.

Opinions??? k thanks.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 1d

:(

Ford ABS feels shocking then?.....never happened in the crappydores that I owned before.

Pedal moves a little to the floor as well.

I'll have to get brake place to test drive and reconfirm....but I'm sure you're right (just feels sh*t to me).

ok peeps.....go nuts in this thread if you so wish.

pen!s

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 21d

Hahaha.

Hay guys just a quick question. If I push the accelerator soft its fine and goes well but if I push it down fast it smokes the rear wheels. Anyone else have this problem. I have owned holdens in the past and this has never happened before. Lol

• Like 12

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m

Dude. You need to get out more. I have had many cars on the track and not a single ABS issue. By sudden braking all you do is unsettle the car. You need to feed the pedal in hard ,after initial braking and waiting for the front to settle. That said all that happens in less than 1/2 second

• Like 2

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m

Hahaha.

Hay guys just a quick question. If I push the accelerator soft its fine and goes well but if I push it down fast it smokes the rear wheels. Anyone else have this problem. I have owned holdens in the past and this has never happened before. Lol

I agree. I own a Expensive Daewoo and don't have this problem

• Like 2