JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/09/15 06:52 AM Author Posted 23/09/15 06:52 AM Having one of my moments where I want to learn something new againCouple that up with it seems there's always massive interest in "linux engineering" sectors and I honestly didn't know what it was all about Had a thought of breaking into defense RF tuning but some of it seems to use left of centre platforms like linux etc Just thought id see what the basics were from end users point of view
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/09/15 07:06 AM Posted 23/09/15 07:06 AM Our automated train operating systems runs on linux platform...........and it doesn't work.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/09/15 07:53 AM Author Posted 23/09/15 07:53 AM so your saying if I can automate my train set with linux iam in ?#23clicktyclacksinthemid 5
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/09/15 11:18 PM Posted 23/09/15 11:18 PM No, if you can automate your train set so I can operate it from here....you're in.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/09/15 12:30 AM Author Posted 24/09/15 12:30 AM Hahaha bit of live streaming and a conductor hat ya think
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/15 11:36 PM Posted 26/09/15 11:36 PM So many machines are Linux based nowadays - its because the OS can be stripped right back to bare functions needed. I have it on my laptop as a separate partition and actually boot into Linux grub to choose whether I run Win or Ubuntu. Ubuntu desktop edition is easiest to install. I don't use it much as 99% of my work is done on Win. Having said that Ubuntu amazes me at the quality of apps that are just free! 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/10/15 10:45 PM Posted 07/10/15 10:45 PM (edited) People mentioning Ubuntu... of course it's easy... it's deliberately designed to be the "most-windows-like" experience out of all of the linux distributions.It's a pretty steep learning curve if you're looking at supporting/engineering linux-based solutions.If you're still interested, I can make some recommendations, based on what you're looking at Edited 07/10/15 10:45 PM by k31th
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 08/10/15 07:39 AM Posted 08/10/15 07:39 AM I also put Ubuntu on an old windows xp laptop. it turned it into a beast.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/10/15 07:40 AM Posted 08/10/15 07:40 AM I can make XP run fast on ancient laptops... doesn't mean too much, though.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/10/15 08:10 AM Posted 08/10/15 08:10 AM Fast XP on ancient laptops with Penguins is relevant to my interests
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now