Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 10m 10d

Hi  IH8TOADS do you find 1 easier to use than the other I am going to try and tune my car soon using SCT  just wondering if you have any beginner tips using the software have had a lot of experience doing aftermarket ecu .

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

I thought that SCT stopped providing the software to individuals?  Shortly after toads got a hold of it hahaha.  Was a few thousand to buy as well.

• Member For: 9y 10m 18d

Don lasota said he would buy the software on my behalf and then mail the dongle to me. Not cheap (as he puts his markup and then a pain in the ass factor cost) also you don't get any support as you effectively bought it through someone else.

I don't want it as hpt can do everything I want but it is an option if someone desperately wants SCT

• Member For: 9y 10m 10d
4 minutes ago, rollex said:

Don lasota said he would buy the software on my behalf and then mail the dongle to me. Not cheap (as he puts his markup and then a pain in the ass factor cost) also you don't get any support as you effectively bought it through someone else.

I don't want it as hpt can do everything I want but it is an option if someone desperately wants SCT

Yeah that's no good to you it's just in my case he has everything there (Dyno ,SCT software and I have a the box. I also heard a while ago not sure if it a rumour or not that the HP tuners used to do some weird things to the fords like switch on thermos when it wanted or other stuff that I can't remember is it true or is that just crap.

And Ralph when u refer to region is that Aus and US

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 3d

Qik, my (very loose) understanding is the Xcal's setup for the AUS Ford Market are unique in terms of software/firmware and the pro racer package unfortunately, doesn't support these variants.

The actual mechanics of it may be different to what i've posted but long story short US Xcal wont work on Aus Cars and ProRacer will only work on US Xcal's