rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 17/06/16 03:05 AM Posted 17/06/16 03:05 AM Lol trim a cylinder from 2200cc to 800cc ?
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 6d Posted 17/06/16 03:09 AM Posted 17/06/16 03:09 AM No haha the 800cc next to it is just to fill the hole in the flow bench. The difference is between the 6.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/06/16 03:10 AM Author Posted 17/06/16 03:10 AM Yeah just apply 275% trim on the back two cylinders... Yeah I figured that, was just playing along since it's Friday n all.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/06/16 03:58 AM Author Posted 17/06/16 03:58 AM ID had issues with the ID1500's back in the day. No issues these days with any of their range. They are considered (rightly) the premium Injector for performance applications.
Mr_Mike New Member 21 Member For: 11y 4m 8d Gender: Male Posted 19/07/16 06:41 AM Posted 19/07/16 06:41 AM *forewarning* Total tuning noob!! So I have been looking around at flash tuner options for my 08 FG xr6t ute, originally was going to go the well trodden Xcal route but they seem very expensive for a limited use glovebox ornament. So started looking at Sniper or HP Tuners, leaning more towards the Sniper unit as it a bit more basic and suits my home tinkering ambitions. Been watching and reading as much as I can about the Sniper but it all seems to be US Mustang examples, I know fuel/timing etc can be adjusted with the Sniper but can it control boost in the FG?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/07/16 07:00 AM Author Posted 19/07/16 07:00 AM Zf trans? Sniper can't tune a zf.
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 19/07/16 07:29 AM Posted 19/07/16 07:29 AM Sniper generally has more tables than hp tuners, hp has zf tables though. I would go hp tuners personally as they will add new parameters in and whilst it is slow and often average they do have support. The scanning software on HPT is also pretty good.
DarrylC Member 51 Member For: 13y 8m 23d Posted 19/07/16 09:10 AM Posted 19/07/16 09:10 AM Sniper has more parameters but cannot do the ZF and TMAP/Boost sensors and I don't think it can do DMR scanning like HPT and SCT. It also allows you to store the tunes in the flash tuner so that you could have an e85 tune and a 98 tune. Sniper interface is, supposedly, less user friendly. HPT does all of this except storing tunes on the flash device and is reasonable for the FG . It also has a great tune compare function. It is not as good for the BA/BF but Eric (HPT) says he is going to get back to these soon. Both Sniper and HPT read the calibration from the PCM. SCT does not support home tuners. I would recommend HPT as at least you can log what is happening and compare what has changed between your tunes and others, even across different platforms. Have a look through Jet tuning pages to get some ideas on its capabilities.
Mr_Mike New Member 21 Member For: 11y 4m 8d Gender: Male Posted 19/07/16 10:30 AM Posted 19/07/16 10:30 AM (edited) Thanks for the replies, I'm on the HP Tuners forum so will do a heap more reading. I do like the idea of being able to log what is happening and see how one tune compares to another. No need for multiple tunes so HP probably does suit me more. Edited 19/07/16 10:31 AM by Mr_Mike
Mr_Mike New Member 21 Member For: 11y 4m 8d Gender: Male Posted 19/07/16 12:25 PM Posted 19/07/16 12:25 PM Does anyone have a screenshot or a pic of what injector slope looks like? maybe a stock to a modified one? I am trying to get my head around what it actually looks like in a tuning program. I kinda understand what the hi/lo slope and breakpoint represents but seeing comments saying increase/decrease hi-slope, I'm finding it hard to actually grasp what changes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now