Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d

Really? That's interesting considering neither SCT or HPT have the transient overboost table in the software for the FG I6T or the SCV8.

It's no secret boost control has been an issue with the FG, no doubt some have found a band-aid fix, where as I can control boost correctly with Sniper I cannot say the same about HPT, and SCT is missing key tables as well.

• Donating Members

Gear dependant boost control is available with Sniper, but only for the Coyote V8. Obviously, this feature only works with the factory supercharger/solenoid controller. Should be available in template updates soon.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

Should make a thread about this sniper and it's abilities and short comings. I'm sure a few guys here would offer some opinions and ways to potentially improve it.

Look at the support from HP and where it has come from and going to.

• Donating Members

Maybe, although this thread is about DIY tuning which is what I do.

I've SCT Advantage 3, HP Tuners and Delta Force Sniper. Having access to all three I use Sniper to tune my current FGii G6E Turbo. Simply, Sniper offers calibration adjustment for the PCM that the other two don't offer. Case in point is the transient boost tables for the I6T and Coyote V8. The Coyote V8 calibration has 7 transient boost tables, 1 for each gear (1-6 and reverse). The I6T only has the one transient boost table, plus other boost and wastegate tables that allow for accurate closed loop boost control. Neither of the other two software programs have this adjustability. Then there's all the other tables, functions and scalers available in Sniper that allow programming to a level similar to that of OEM PCM programming. Easy to use it is not, however you work out what does what and it becomes simple. Not only can I adjust the stoich for E85, I can also change the specific gravity value for the type of fuel being tuned for.

No doubt HP Tuners are keen to offer greater support for the Australian market, who knows, they might take on SCT head on. The fact HPT can adjust the ZF is a great feature, it's just that at the moment it cannot be used to program my vehicle with the level of boost control I can get with Sniper.

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d

Barry, it's a pity you did not respond to my questions about sniper a few years ago when I was looking at purchasing it.

With out going into too many details as it's not my place to do so, but boost via gear is something that Ford has just added for some models based on info that I received from an engineer from ford. Transient boost is available in SCT for some strategies but it is not called that as such

It's good to hear that your product is improving though, it gives more options

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

You all know ima dumbfark but hopefully this question is an intelligent one

This this Sniper tuning like sct - a hand held unit that stores multiple tunes, or like hpt where the tuna loads a single tune?

&

Is it able to tune the zf?

Sorry if already been asked and answered :)

• Donating Members

G'day Mick, it's Jason, not Barry. I have no vested interest in BPT, I'm a customer of theirs.

Having SCT since 2005 when Tony Rullo would sell it to anyone who'd front up with the money I'm aware of what you're talking about. But unless you can compare SCT and HPT to Sniper you'll not appreciate just how far ahead Sniper is (or how far behind the other two products are).

I agree with you it's great news HP Tuners is developing rapidly, it gives both the professional workshops like yours and the budding DIY tuner the ability to provide a more advanced tuning solution to the end user.

• Donating Members

You all know ima dumbfark but hopefully this question is an intelligent one

This this Sniper tuning like sct - a hand held unit that stores multiple tunes, or like hpt where the tuna loads a single tune?

&

Is it able to tune the zf?

Sorry if already been asked and answered :)

The Sniper interface is similar to SCT, it holds up to 6 tunes. No, it does not do ZF tuning.

• Like 1