Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 9m 15d
Posted

Hoping someone can help me here, I currently have a FG n/a barra in a ED falcon . What I'm trying to find out is as I'm using a BF PCM to control the engine, should I use the BF SD tables (map per airmass etc etc) or should I try and convert the FG tables over?

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Emulate the FG SD where you can and tweak it from there. BF and FG cams are quite different as is the intake.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 9m 15d
Posted (edited)

From what I've read I should just stick to the hi res tables as that's all I have available in FG tune but BF has the open/closed as well which isn't used... is that correct

I've already done the cam tables but I'll have to go back over them and double check

Edited by menicing
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Correct. FG NA shouldn't have imrc open/closed map tables mapped?

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 9m 15d
Posted

Yeah nothing is there on fg tune, is it ok to change the x/y axis or am I likely to mess with other table unknowingly... sorry for all the questions its a pain trying to wrap my head around what I can and can't do without messing it up

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

Are you tuning with hpt? Where abouts are you located?

 

The Axis changes should  be transferred across the linked tables, but I've got bugger all experience with the FG NA side of things so can't say it won't effect something it should'nt

Edited by Ralph Wiggum
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 9m 15d
Posted

Yeah hpt, I'm in brisbane. The car runs and drives ok, I'm set to put rego on it this week just trying to get it right now while I have the time to play with it before its my daily

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool
Posted

Create a histogram in the scanner that logs cam angle vs rpm (like the SD tables) with LTFT in the cells, use this to adjust your map per airmass table for your idle, light load and cruise... you may want to disable dfco while doing this

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...