Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Northsider
Posted (edited)

hey guys , was at turbotrana's earlier today trying to sus out a few things , I came to realise that the noise ive been assuming was an exhaust leak but could never find is definitely the dump pipe gasket. Ive been looking everywhere to find a thread of "how to" replace the gasket the easiest way possible. All I have been able to find that's remotely close is threads on "how to remove turbo for flapper upgrade."

If I can avoid pulling off the whole turbo and all the oil return lines and coolant lines I would much prefer that , I dont have a hoist but I do have a quality jack. If anyone can put me in the right directions it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Bigg_kayz
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Don't even drop it. Just unbolt it and being a ba remove the studs,slip a new gasket in the reinstall the studs and nuts. Should only take a half hour or so.

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Northsider
Posted

sweet as!! I was hoping there was an easier method , but all the tutorials I found made it seem like a HUGE excercise. Thanks for the quick response fellas

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Northsider
Posted

And since its a $ inch dump rather than factory can/ should I still buy the ford genuine factory fit gasket ? will that work

something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-BA-BF-FG-MK2-FALCON-SX-SY-TERRITORY-TURBO-DUMP-GASKET-F6-F6X-XR-/121120919765

Those heat shield bolts are tight as anything, should I just WD40 ?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

It seems there was a leak there somewhere. You need to take the cover off to establish where. Dont take the dump off till you establish its there. You can drive around without the cover so take your time. Sometimes you get a hose and put it to your ear to pinpoint the location. Sometimes expecially when cold you can put your hand around there and feel it.

You sometimes need a bit of force on those bolts but Reducteur which you can buy at bunnings $20 is the best stuff for rusty bolts but I dont think you need it for this.

Use genuine gasket

You will find one of the bolts a PIA on the flange dump. The bottom one you may need to modify a closed end spanna by grinding it down to fit.

You will need to take the dump off to weld in another bung and also if you want to check if the flange face is true.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Northsider
Posted

hahah I knew it wasnt gonna be straight forward, ill try get parts today and do the job tomorrow, cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...