willg New Member 14 Member For: 14y 24d Posted 15/07/15 12:45 PM Posted 15/07/15 12:45 PM Alright, this may be another Plazmaman vs Process West debate, but I hope it won't be - I have read the 8 pages and it has wrecked my mind far more than I care to admit!I have a BF Mk1 XR6T, which I am going to begin modifying. Originally wanting around the 300kw mark, I spoke to Bruce Heinrich who agreed that an intercooler upgrade would be a good start. Oh yeah, I will be doing the upgrades in 'bites'; to make it financially possible and to keep me busier for longer! Of course a pump, actuator, injectors, cat and dump pipe will all be coming - and he said I could expect 350-380kw from this.That would be insane, given this is my daily driver, so we can assume I want 350kw as a limit.Ok, so knowing this bit of background info, I have been looking at options. I want to go a kit with a CAI for maximum dosing uleh points.I think I have narrowed it down to :1. Plazmaman Bar&Plate Stage 2 kit. I understand it doesn't come with the hot side piping, but I don't think this really impacts me too much - or should it?!2. Process West Stage 2.1. OR maybe 2.2? The difference between the two is eliminating the crossover pipe with a throttle body relocation on the Stage 2.2. Are they much of a muchness, given my anticipated maximum limit?Any help appreciated - it is slowly driving me even more insane.Cheers guysWill.
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/07/15 01:09 PM Posted 15/07/15 01:09 PM Id get the one with the throttle body relocation to get rid of some of that piping! Hell long on the b series....
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 9d Gender: Male Posted 15/07/15 01:32 PM Posted 15/07/15 01:32 PM Anything to shorten the run in to the TB is a good start. Really not a fan of the long skinny pipe work from factory.
willg New Member 14 Member For: 14y 24d Posted 16/07/15 11:26 AM Author Posted 16/07/15 11:26 AM Great points guys. I really am a noob wheb it comes to it, so any help is appreciated. My knowledge is mostly limited to classic Minis!So it looks like the PW Stage 2.2 would be the go. What are your thoughts? Cheers
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/07/15 11:35 AM Posted 16/07/15 11:35 AM Go with whatever bruce recommend as he will be tuning itSimples 1
willg New Member 14 Member For: 14y 24d Posted 16/07/15 12:41 PM Author Posted 16/07/15 12:41 PM He didn't seem overly suggestive of any, but did say to choose one that fits your budget. Thing is... they all are
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 9d Gender: Male Posted 16/07/15 01:00 PM Posted 16/07/15 01:00 PM Pick a good tuner and go with their recommendation 1
Boosting_G6E Member 103 Member For: 10y 7m 20d Posted 23/04/16 08:39 AM Posted 23/04/16 08:39 AM So can the factory cooler handle much more then factory 180-200rwkw?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/04/16 10:29 AM Posted 23/04/16 10:29 AM Yes but not repeatedly. It will get heatsoaked quickly at higher boost levels.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now