Grego.77 Member 195 Member For: 11y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: St Clair NSW Posted 15/07/15 08:40 AM Posted 15/07/15 08:40 AM I've found Nizpro just puts down a lot of guys out there. I was looking into CMS. GREGO77 want should I be budgeting for??Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMate it depends where abouts you live? If you have a problem with the box you want someone local to go to. If there is no1 local that makes input shafts or what not maybe give CMS a call and purchase his parts and go to a taxi workshop (no Im not joking they do 6 speeds ALL day long 2hrs drive in drive out rebuilt) and get them to pull box out rebuild with your parts and install. Maybe CMS or wherever your going to buy your shafts might give you a base tune. that's if your strapped for cash... I think that's a minimum for your power. Nothing worse than being a dyno princess
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 15/07/15 09:06 AM Posted 15/07/15 09:06 AM If you have the specs of the clutchs / torque specs of bolts ect.. colud you rebuild one your self and have your tuner tune the box. that's obviously if you have some mechanical knowledge. Do you have to modify the box in anyway or just replace the parts that can brake. Peppy do you have any info. Cheers
brutz Member 25 Member For: 11y 2m 29d Posted 15/07/15 09:27 AM Author Posted 15/07/15 09:27 AM Wouldn't attempt. The thing is I'm the type of guy that hears a squeak or knock I drive to the shop. What is it? I askIt that. They tell me. Order it and call me when in. I say. So wouldn't attempt. I know I can put more pressure in the flare which will "fix/bandaid" it. It's only the one gear. At the moment. So I'm thinking whilst it's ok I'll look for a good reco/2nd and spec it up. I've got sct flash and xcal4. So tuning isn't a drama. So thinking change shaft. I don't want to spend heaps. Just the minimum plus 20% to cover the horses. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 15/07/15 09:45 AM Posted 15/07/15 09:45 AM So what is actually involved with a rebuild?
brutz Member 25 Member For: 11y 2m 29d Posted 15/07/15 09:57 AM Author Posted 15/07/15 09:57 AM From chatting to a few trans mechanics it basically depends on what's good in the auto and if you want to change the whole lot. I know nothing about these boxes. So trying to source as much info as I can. Can you upgrade clutch plates?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 15/07/15 10:32 AM Posted 15/07/15 10:32 AM This is the input shaft that snaped
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 15/07/15 10:43 AM Posted 15/07/15 10:43 AM Brutz, that's one reason why prices can vary on a trans rebuild, some shops repair the issue and call it a rebuild, while another will replace all clutches, bands (if applicable) seals, gaskets, white metal bearings, roller bearings, split and clean the convertor etc and update any known common issues, and some shops will be in between 4
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 16/07/15 02:43 AM Posted 16/07/15 02:43 AM The broken shaft looks like only the outer third of the shaft (lighter coloured bit) was attached to what it snapped off from? 1
brutz Member 25 Member For: 11y 2m 29d Posted 16/07/15 08:59 AM Author Posted 16/07/15 08:59 AM Just left tuners. Might be a solenoid? Thoughts? All gears are fine in auto(auto 2 to 3 flare) manual mode. In manual the flare won't happen if we back off or hold revs for a sec then change. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grego.77 Member 195 Member For: 11y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: St Clair NSW Posted 16/07/15 10:32 PM Posted 16/07/15 10:32 PM http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/44034-zf-6hp26-teardown.htmlAlmost identical... Give you an idea what your in for.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now