Turbo Pipe Kit Question

Ezy2Confuze

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 23d

Should be some test done soon I believe. So keep a eye out for the results. I still have to pop up and see john as I want to have a look at this new cooler. If its anything like the big cooler he did for me im sure it will be a work of art.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 3d

lol at everyone saying ratter should pay to test :P should be JOHNNYTIG as he would be the only one benefiting.

ratter should be sent a cooler core for free (and return after testing)....then Mr Tig pays for the hours of dyno/fitting time; get some results and bam

And then TIG can do his own independent results to compare....

I love these cooler vs cooler talks.....everyone chimes in but never eventuates to anything...cause $$$ :P

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 11m 1d

Process west a few years ago tried to organize a test between a few coolers, the other people did not want to take part in it.

Any test should be done by a third party that will not been seen as being biased.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 25d

Can you log coolant, ambient and intake temps for us bizket and take a photo for confirmation? This will then give us a rough idea of what it can do as my original PW cooler (stage 3 equivalent) has intake temps around 8-12C above ambient here in Nth Qld just pottering around town all day at 60-80km/h. Bringing it on low boost lowers the temps also so that's just a rough guide and all my IC piping is stainless steel and stock intake system also on my F6X

• Donating Members

I don't see a problem with all coolers for these vehicles as they are all priced differently with different fitting styles/systems! I hate to say this but I had the Rapid kit fitted to my BA and it performed extremely well even at nearly 360rwkw with uncontrollable 21+psi here in the stinking summer of Nth Qld it performed well...

I hate that cnt for the record also!

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 24d

Haha rapid

My pw stage 2 black goes alright but once it gets hot it cant cool down unless your on a free way

Its great for the occasional boot and is suffucuent for the drags but if I had my time again id go a big tube and fin like stigmatas

• Member For: 11y 2m 2d

Wish I still had my pw stepped so I could do test on it for ya mick but I dont. Cant wait to see the results. My cold side pipe on pw kit used to get as hot as my hot side but now with my jonnytig cooler the hot side is hot and my cold side is cool. Even the top of the cooler is very cool. I have also used my xcal4 to log it while driving and it sits a fanny hair just above ambient when giving it sh*t. Get out and feel the pipe and still cool.

I'm all for tube n fin I love my plaz cooler but it's a little unfair to compare pw stepped to that massive one you have.. slightly different core size

the stage 3 pw seem to be killer and so they should be for the massive size they are

And the guy was looking at buying stage 3... so buy away I say, they certainly have the numbers on the board

Edited by Lennox

• Donating Members

What is everyone's definition of hot? To me I would say intake temps over 50C is hot as ambient temps are generally 30-35C for me up north and I find that when I'm driving around town at those AT's the IT is never over 50C where I find that the car can lag when IT's are over 50C from thrashing, stopping 5-10mins and thrashing again...repeat!!!

• Like 1