Serangan Member 103 Member For: 13y 9d Gender: Male Location: Hobart, Tasmania Posted 17/06/15 01:41 PM Posted 17/06/15 01:41 PM I've been through the same process, so don't stress that your the only one.My first tune was through a company that dealt primary with Holdens, tune was terrible and I had massive issues with it.Find a tuner who's happy to help, communicate and knows what they're doing. You'll be much happier with the result.And don't just jump straight onto the next tuner that's the second mistake I made, im not sure about tunes in Sydney buy some of the guys on this forum are bound to have suggestions, ie CMS.
XRSEXT Member 235 Member For: 14y 2m 4d Gender: Male Posted 17/06/15 10:30 PM Posted 17/06/15 10:30 PM Definitely CMS..
nuff72 Member 31 Member For: 11y 7m 24d Posted 17/06/15 11:50 PM Author Posted 17/06/15 11:50 PM Iam gunner give em a call &get a price for a retune!I dont think I will get the $500 back for yesterday's effort. It will take a month to get some coin together now.&the missus is not to impressed as it is.
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 1d Posted 18/06/15 12:21 AM Posted 18/06/15 12:21 AM You can not tell if a tune is rubbish from a Dyno sheet. Wombat belled or buttplug whatever his name is this week just likes to bag everyone out all the time. But looking at the boost only goes to 9psi at full noise if the afr line is correct I see no reason to say it is rubbish. Why don't you go see him and ask why the boost is coming on slow. He may have set it that way due to as the description says its a ba and there rods are considered weak so he may be being over cautios to make sure it doesn't bend a rod.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/15 12:29 AM Posted 18/06/15 12:29 AM People who know can make calls from experience People who have no experience can't make callsYou can tell a heap from a dyno graph but what would I know ? 1
Serangan Member 103 Member For: 13y 9d Gender: Male Location: Hobart, Tasmania Posted 18/06/15 01:31 AM Posted 18/06/15 01:31 AM oh dear... 1
nuff72 Member 31 Member For: 11y 7m 24d Posted 18/06/15 02:01 AM Author Posted 18/06/15 02:01 AM Hey that's a fair call,better to be a bit cautious then over the top.As yet I haven't done value springs yet.Being a novice with turbocharged cars!what does the dyno tell the trained eye about the tune I posted.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/15 02:07 AM Posted 18/06/15 02:07 AM That the opperator/tuner was as lazy as my dog I have a brittish bull dog.... Does nothing....all the time
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Posted 18/06/15 08:00 AM Posted 18/06/15 08:00 AM (edited) Sometimes its worth driving to a tuner that has experience with these cars, no matter how far away. Edited 18/06/15 08:00 AM by rednose 3
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 18/06/15 10:48 AM Posted 18/06/15 10:48 AM ^^ agree.I drove over an hour to CMS and took almost 4 hours to get back home by train. Would I do it again...........Hell yeah.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now