Need Honest Help On Fuel Supply For 500Awkw

Grego.77

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 21d

I go to CMS too and I know Joe has told me before 500 is about the limit for 1000s. Just be prepared if it falls a bit short of the number you want if it's deemed to be unsafe.

I went 1500s when I was shooting for 500+, I also have the 6466.

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 21d

True ^.

But he's getting it tuned at CMS, so they will want more than 1000s for 500+ on E85

• Member For: 9y 8m 8d

I dont know..Whats done is done. Iv been told the same problem with the screw type fuel lock. Ill try my hardest to fit an intank. Maybe get a late model tank chop the section out and plastic weld it in. :( My mates who are old school engine builders are laughing at me because Im building a Turbo 6. When I tell them the amount of money Iv spent on it or the cost of parts they are all giving me sh*t. 1 close mate just a couple of months ago squeezed 920HP at the flex plate on a $7000 build BBC... And that's on 98 the guys that old school that he hasn't even heard of E85.

Im not saying Chev is better than Ford or NA is better or anything along those lines... Im really saying I have no fkn idea what Im doing with this car and its going to be pretty embarrassing if I cant pull 600HP+ from an engine that has double overhead cams 24v a coil per cylinder fly-by wire technology crank trigger ignition variable cam timing forged internals the largest bolt on turbo money can buy ect ect. I guess Im almost there Iv just made the wrong choice it seems with injectors and fuel pumps. And Im feeling VERY emotional and sh*t that my car went in on Thursday for bushes and a truetrac and I still haven't gotten it back. Also I sold my much loved HQ 1 tonner yesterday engineered with an injected 5l and turbo700 to a mate really cheap to finish off this project :( A lesson to all if you marry a hot chick and you both ride sports bikes wear a jimmy... Otherwise you end up spending all you have on tin tops with 4 wheels.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 23d

Keep plugging away mate as you'll get there in the end and like I said all those bushes will now be good for a decent amount of time but you are one of very few that are going to extremes on a Territory Turbo so there will be hits along the way.

As for the injectors it seems bigger is better for 500+kw especially with E85 but maybe go the big injectors and just leave the fuel pump side of it as is for now and get a baseline tune from your tuner to get you on the road and then nut it out of what options you can go as I feel that is the fact that you can't drive it is what's getting to you!

• Like 1

Its got a base tune in it for the 1000kpm injectors and I can put around in it. Iv only got myself to blame because I did start off with only wanting 300ish awkw on 98. I guess now I have a brand new Garret 12psi actuator an intank (I think 255) Walbro fuel pump 1 week old and 1000KPM matched injectors (1 week old) up for sale going cheap.

• Member For: 10y 8m 7d

Mate...comparing a BBC to a 240 odd cube 6? DOHC vs Pushrods doesn't necessarily mean more outright power? Neither does Carbs vs Injection? Surely I don't need to explain the pros of a modern day engine? What you will end up with is a fkn fast SUV that's going to pull the pants down of a lot of "old school" stuff, have better fuel economy and day to day drivability, you could take it on the beach ffs! Apples and oranges..

As for the injectors just roll with it and run whatever is safe, sounds like your a bit caught up in numbers? Also its sounding like an external surge with just a decent in tank lift pump is going to be the go?

Barnz Im lost and admit it lol... Ill sort it out one day. I remember about 15yrs ago being at an illegal st run. Back in the days when rotaries were over due to everyone building all wheel drived rexies evos and the odd Godzilla (if the gearbox held together) than came a bloke in thongs unshaven and a brown paper bag covering his long neck asked my mate Ill give you a run we asked what are you driving he pointed at a pressure packed blue LH torry full of rust that had 44 gallon drums welded and silasticed in the boot and half the rear seats. No blower and a 308 of all motors. My mate at the time had the fastest rexy going half grout filled block T04 forrester diff gears and a forrester moded auto 3500 stall.. quick car even for todays standards spent over $70k. This home made full tubbed 308 believe it or not..... beat my mates rex. I estimate over a thousand people witnessed this out at Camden. Found out the guy is a boiler maker and built his torry for $2500 complete from start to finish. Engine was a half grout filled 333 stroker that spun to 9200rpm a 2 speed powerglide a homemade 9inch with 5. something :1 gears. This story has nothing to do with this forum and I aint building no 1/4mile car (cmon its over 2tonnes) or thread but I do feel pretty dumb that I cant get an engine right the first time that thousands of other guys have done before me. Anyways Im off the forums till shes done and Ill put up a dyno sheet and as promised will show a dismantled transfer case which I still think is chain driven. Have a good one guys.

• Like 5